Newport Group is looking for a Director of Retirement Plan Compliance Services. This position provides support and assistance to the leader of Compliance and must possess a strong background in 401(k) plan compliance, legal requirements of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Department of Labor (DOL) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations used to administer various types of defined contribution retirement plans.
The Director will develop and implement process, procedures and controls to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of operations. The Director will participate in and monitor project milestones and timelines, ensure that questions and issues have been answered, objectives are aligned, and proper documentation is created. The Director will evaluate the impact of project requirements on the business and assess the time requirements, user needs, and impact of implementation. The Director will translate operational business strategy into workable plans / projects for team execution while setting clear direction, processes, resource allocation and accountabilities. The Director will assume a leadership role in the organization managing certain portions of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of experience in retirement plan compliance
- In-depth knowledge of retirement plans
- Strong analytical skills and project management experience
- Effective time management and strong organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented with an understanding of the big picture and have the ability to take charge, lead and motivate the behaviors and actions of others
Newport group offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).