What You'll Do:
- Develop and evolve FIGS’ customer retention strategy, including direct accountability for email, SMS and mobile app engagement strategy and performance. Core KPIs include email, SMS, and push notification engagement rates, revenue, customer repeat purchase rates and lifetime value.
- Lead the business of retention, including owning all KPIs, tracking and forecasting for our retention marketing channels, in close partnership with core team members on the growth and acquisition team.
- Partner with Growth, Brand, Merchandising and Digital Product teams to optimize and personalize the customer journey, developing pre-emptive strategies that deliver the right message to the right person, at the right time
- Own, execute and communicate email, SMS, push notifications and retention marketing campaigns to drive improvements in audience segmentation and frequency to drive repeat rate, LTV, and increased engagement and advocacy
- Own customer segmentation and components of marketing tech in close partnership with our data, ad ops and engineering teams.
- Manage and grow the email, SMS and app subscriber database
- Own strategy and reporting for FIGS referral and loyalty programs
- Own monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting - work closely with the Data Science and Retention Marketing Analyst to continuously measure customer lifecycle performance and communicate results
- Evangelize a culture of segmentation, testing and optimization, working with teammates across Brand/Creative/Design, Product/Engineering and Data to develop our testing strategy and share best practices
- Develop a high performing team of lifecycle/retention marketers and ensure their continued development and growth within the organization
- Retention marketing leader with a minimum of 7+ years experience in retention marketing, customer marketing, lifecycle or CRM space, ideally in DTC and/or apparel businesses at $100mm+ scale.
- Successful track-record of developing marketing strategies, executing, measuring, and delivering on performance targets
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills to inform, encourage and implement impactful marketing initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to scrutinize large amounts of data and turn it into actionable initiatives (including both quantitative and qualitative data)
- Experience with testing methodology and experience driving results through analytics
- Knowledge of direct-to-consumer eCommerce, retention marketing trends, and Email/CRM technologies (Retention Science and Attentive experience a plus)
- An eye for strong creative and storytelling, and experience partnering with Creative teams on both direct response and brand marketing assets and communication
- Strong empathy and understanding of the customer mindset to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Excellent project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations
- Marketing/Communications Degree, MBA a plus