Job Description and Responsibilities:
Wynn Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, specialty retail, award-winning dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces.
At a total cost of $2.4 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Wynn Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature pedestrian and bicycle paths that provide access to the harbor, an events lawn, picnic and public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Wynn Harbor Walk.
Wynn Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Wynn Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Wynn Boston Harbor team.
The Wynn Boston Harbor Director of Retail will oversee all retail operations within Wynn Boston Harbor. This includes, but is not limited to; implementing the department strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Wynn Boston Harbor strategy; maximizing opportunities for departmental and company success; maintaining all Wynn Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
As a leader of the retail division, the Director will provide strategic vision and leadership to his/her team as well as operational expertise to drive a successful business. Additional responsibilities includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, forecasting, and controlling budgets and staffing requirements; as well as overseeing the overall performance of stores, visual merchandising, focusing on profitability statistics and inventory shrink.
- Recruits, hires, develops and retains a strong selling team both in management and in sales that reflect a best-in-the industry retail team and operates with clear objectives and strategies in order to achieve goals.
- Perform a lead role in training Retail new hires on departmental policy/procedure and Forbes standards.
- Provides consistent leadership to his/her team that creates a synergy across property to ensure that every action that is taken is consistent with the goals of driving traffic generating sales and enhancing the store’s market position.
- Develops, monitors and achieves all short and long-term financial goals and objectives including sales, gross margin, inventory turn and bottom line profitability.
- Reviews and is knowledgeable of competitor operations, marketing and management policies/practices and recommend actions and responses to industry/market changes.
- Partners with the buying team on analyzing vendor assortment, top and bottom selling styles, sales turn, visual merchandising and any potential sales growth opportunities.
- Ensures that the stores are operating efficiently and consistently in accordance with “best practices” and guidelines with respect to the guest experience, sales, store appearance, merchandise presentation, staffing, inventory management, financial control and loss prevention.
- Works closely with the store team on ensuring merchandise is continually rotated and maintained to the guidelines and standards set. Maximize the store’s square footage through strategic merchandise placement.
- Ensure that all safety is a priority. Train staff members on safety policies and follows company safety standards.
- Develops strong relationships with leased tenants and serves as the liaison for operational, event planning and marketing support.
- A successful Director always puts the company first and works to exceed any goal set.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Travelrequired 25-50% of the time.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in business management or a related field; or equivalent experiencerequired.
Minimum 8-10 years of multi store management experience, 5 years in a leadership role required.
Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.