Responsible for providing analytical insight and direction through the development of reports and clean data. Oversees and manages the reporting and analytics team to ensure timely delivery of reporting and analytics that the business can trust. Oversees the department by delivering reporting and analytics solutions and driving the long-term strategy to facilitate effective data-driven decisions. Maintains consistency of key performance indicators (KPIs) and develops tolerance thresholds for reports. This position ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Responsible for data ingestion and business socialization. Utilizes ingested data to create a more customer-centric environment that drives business growth.
- Oversees the reporting and analytics and ensures workflow and deadlines are met.
- Delivers innovative data, reporting and analytics solutions, including self-service and web-based reporting and analytics.
- Oversees and manages the development and release of data, reporting, and analytics changes to production.
- Assists with defining the data, reporting, and analytics roadmap and long-term strategy for area of business.
- Prioritizes projects and support tasks and delegates appropriately across the team.
- Continuously identifies and implements data, reporting and analytics process improvements.
- Creates presentations based on findings and presents to senior management on an ongoing basis.
- Assists with training materials for clients, business partners, and team.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred and a minimum of 3-5 + years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Minimum of eight (8) + years’ experience in SQL development and relational databases required.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry required, specifically in origination.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Tableau and analytic/statistical/data mining tools required.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required.
- Strong understanding of database design and data modeling.
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced database technologies and platforms.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively interpret and analyze data.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, outside the department, and with external audiences.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in nonstandardized situations.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.