$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Director of Retail
The Director of Retail is responsible to coordinate and collaborate with department managers responsible for retail sales in the following areas:
· Boutique – Resort clothing
· May River golf shop – Golf attire , gifts, and specialty items
· Provisions by Palmetto Bluff – Artist in Residence artwork, and home furnishings
· RT's Market – Home department: Gifts, gas pump service, "to go" food and beverage, retail wine
· Spa Retail – Hotel spa and salon sundries
· Treasures – Hotel shop featuring gifts, attire, books, and souvenirs
· Wilson Lawn and Racquet tennis shop – Tennis attire and hard goods
The retail merchandise manager will work with the above outlet managers to establish a distinctly unique brand identity for each outlet. Responsible for actively engaging and recommending vendors to define products, procure inventory, negotiate discounts, and set pricing. Retail manager will set and achieve various sales goals by closely monitoring product sales with managers while working closely with the marketing team to ensure that products are given effective promotional attention. Assist in training retail staff.
Ensure availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories. Monitor sales, inventory and turnover, par and reorder process Ensure all logo use falls within established style guidelines Market merchandise by studying marketing/sales promotion, and display plans; analyze operating and financial statements for profitability ratios. Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and measures. Ensure that retail operations meets standards for a memorable guest experience with a keen focus on a well trained staff that provides warm, personalized, and engaging service Monitors receiving of merchandise in the system making any changes into the retail system to account for the variance. Assist mangers on contacting vendors regarding damaged or returned merchandise. Support department managers to input all purchase orders in the point of sale system made by the Retail Buyer annually. This includes the data input for creating new item numbers, department, description, vendor, cost, retail, quantity for each category of merchandise. Coordinates with department managers on planning store layout, changing displays and putting new merchandise in the shop. Responsible for all corporate group purchases. By contacting the corporate liaison on their retail needs: placing the order on custom logo merchandise, receive corporate logo approval then, billing the customer. Monitor sales and control mark-ups, mark-downs and discounts in conjunction with the department manager. Create innovative shop promotions to stimulate revenue. Negotiates with manufactures for incentive programs for volume discounts Calculate "Open to Buy" for each shop for soft and hard goods based on approved budgeted revenue and cost of sales. Analyze reports for each retail outlet monthly: merchandise sales, turnover, quantities sold per category, revenue per category, inventory levels, cost of sales and vendor sell through Works with department managers to formulate annual retail budget, merchandise strategies, and cost of sales for soft and hard goods. Ensure all necessary reorders are submitted in a timely fashion and follow up on any pending orders. Assists with selection of uniform purchases for food and beverage and recreation departments. Ensure all new products are on the floor in a timely and attractive manner and that back stock in clearly organized in the storage room. Maybe have some verbiage about being a cog in the three wheels for checks and balances (i.e. PO Creation, Checking in of merchandise, or physical inventory). Maybe add some verbiage…work with Security/Loss Prevention and perform monthly cycle counts in each outlet to ensure accuracy.
1. High school or equivalent education required, Bachelor's degree preferred
2. Three to five years' experience in retail management
3. Strong emphasis in customer service
4. Must possess a positive attitude
5. Strong leadership, communication, and negotiating skills are beneficial for this position.
6. Must be dependable and available to work on weekends, nights and/or holidays based on business demands
7. Excellent written/verbal communication, and organizational skills.
8. Able to lead and motivate people; excellent interpersonal skills
9. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, support departments, and members.
10. Professional and personable demeanor
Valid Through: 2019-10-18