Who We Are
At Chewse, our goal is to put food on the table so you and your team can focus on forging connections and doing the best work of your lives. To accomplish this, we decided to do more than be a food delivery service. We carefully curated everything from our local restaurant relationships, their home-grown recipes, and the nurturing of our warm and caring delivery team — all to provide you a thoughtful and diverse lunchtime experience. We knew that being the leading hospitality service means we can be the backdrop to developing your team's culture and raising your employee experience.
So What's the Job Really?
Restaurants are fundamental to the Chewse service and customer experience. As Director of Restaurant Supply, you will be responsible for the supply side of the marketplace. You'll directly run our Restaurant Sales, Vendor Onboarding and Restaurant Account Management teams. This is an exciting opportunity to support hundreds of local Mom and Pop restaurants, the backbone of local communities, by sending them huge business. We are looking for an experienced leader that can take ownership over diverse demands, including overall strategy, merchandising the most compelling restaurant/menu mix, controlling restaurant spend, working with product to find efficiencies/improve restaurant experience, and of course sales/account management. You will report directly to the COO.
- Work with COO and leadership team to drive restaurant supply strategy for Chewse
- Advocate widely for customer preferences, both through trends and travel to customers across all markets
- Own merchandising at Chewse - set targets for expanding and improving restaurant mix and meal variety
- Ensure Restaurant Sales & Vendor Onboarding teams consistently meet aggressive sales and onboarding targets in new and existing markets
- Responsible for restaurant performance and communication by overseeing Restaurant Account Management team
- Scale restaurant supply department as Chewse expands nationwide
- Work closely with Product team to push forward continuous improvements to speed and efficiency of your teams
- 15+ years of experience with demonstrated experience scaling a high growth business with a real life operational aspect; bonus points for experience at a marketplace
- Strong analytical skills to process complex trends and patterns, but have the intuition to push for change before individual problems become trends
- 5+ years of experience overseeing a large, layered department that has a diverse set of functions/responsibilities.
- Deep experience in at least one of the following three: sales, operations or merchandising
- You quickly build relationships by understanding and empathizing with the operating realities of your coworkers
National Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Health Coverage (Company Contribution towards Medical, Dental, Vision. Employees & their Dependents): We offer competitive coverage plans because you're worth it.
- Flexible Paid Vacations: (Eligible after 90-days) We believe the integration and balance between work and life are essential to happiness and success.
- Mobile Phone Stipend, monthly: Chewse recognizes that employees may occasionally need to make business calls, business e-mails, and the occasional text messages and want to support that.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: (Eligible after 90-days) We help fund our employees to continue their professional growth by providing set funds annually to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding time dedicated to strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
- Salary range : $126,000-$204,000