Responsible to assist residents in identification of appropriate resources in order to maintain their highest level of independence and satisfaction. This includes problem solving for health, social, and emotional needs and coordinating support services. This position reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing and may be required to supervise other staff positions.
- In consultation with the Director of Sales and Marketing, hires, trains, disciplines and terminates departmental employees in accordance with Senior Lifestyle Corporation human resources Policy.
- Monitors the “outside care providers” working at the community.
- Assesses prospective residents for appropriateness of residency.
- Coordinates New Resident Orientation processes to ensure a smooth transition and appropriate socialization activities.
- Conducts family conferences to determine the amount of support services required to meet the resident’s needs.
- Responds to emergencies when on site to assess situation and alert medical help when necessary.
- Addresses and follows up on all resident Concern, Incident, and Accident Reports in a timely manner.
- Contacts family members during times of emergency and other concern issues.
- Communicates on a regular basis with health care providers to monitor and assess health conditions, safety issues, and the needs of all residents.
- Communicates with other staff members concerning resident changes and building operation issues.
- Prepares and monitors compliance with annual budget.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with local community. May attend social and civic affairs.
- Maintains confidentiality of business policies & procedures and with residents’ and potential residents’ information.
- Ensures that all department employees adhere to the proper grooming and uniform policy.
- Participate in Manager On Duty program
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking.