Director of Reserve Planning & Asset Management
Position is responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive reserve asset management planning and renovation project processes, financial and resource allocation strategies for budgeting and forecasting plans, and performance metrics to measure success. Acts as the analytical engine of the business unit to provide insight and support business decision making across WVO brands. Plans and manages processes and practices to ensure that “Reserve Fund” programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads the annual renovation budget and monthly cash-flow forecasting processes to ensure business operational needs are met and produce accurate financial results across all WVO brands.
Directs the execution of Reserve Study updates (Level 3) and project support and planning of approximately 40 to 50 (Level 1) site visits annually.
- Reviews and recommends renovation project estimates and scope prior to submitting to VP/DPM of RR&D for signature and execution. Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and Local Regulations, as well as with business principles and guidelines.
- Supervises and manages direct reports supporting the Reserve Analysis and Special Projects functions of the department.
- Provides financial strategic support to senior management, including financial presentations to multiple levels of the organization, capital and reserve expenditure analysis, investment and cash-flow requirements, and other projects requested by senior management.
- Manages the Reserve Fund Programs and drives financial model changes through business groups to ensure long-term reserve program stability.
- Participate in all new development reviews and considerations with the Acquisition and Development team. Liaison for RR&D and Resort Operations.
- Performs other duties as needed
Must be willing and able to travel up to 35% of regular work time. Must be able to obtain a US Passport to allow travel to resorts located in the US and internationally to but not limited to Canada, Mexico, Fiji and the Caribbean.
· Four-year college degree with an emphasis in Accounting/Finance, Construction Management, Hospitality Management or related field.
· MBA or equivalent experience is preferred.
b) Training requirements
· Reserve Specialist Designation (RS), Association Manager Specialist (AMS), or Certified Manager of Community Association (CMCA) is a bonus.
c) Knowledge and skills
· Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, and possesses good written and oral communication skills
· The ability to manage multiple associates successfully while completing assigned tasks.
d) Technical Skills
· Ability to operate a personal computer and software programs such as Word, Excel, Access, Accounting software, etc.
· Demonstrate understanding of building systems including but not limited to building envelope, mechanical, plumbing and electrical.
· High proficiency in practical Engineering/Maintenance methods and applications.
e) Job experience
· 7-10 years of experience in a business field. Experience working with Commercial Construction, Condominium Governance or Hospitality Operations is a bonus.
Job ID: 1806586