$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Position Purpose & Summary
Responsible for monitoring and directing all phases of research and innovation for Diamond V. This position will direct and supervise all internal research conducted at the Research and Innovation Center (RIC) as well as all contract research projects. This position will require an individual who can deliver technical presentations, training and technical consultation to both customers and company marketing, sales and regulatory matters.
30% Technical Service
• Responsible for technology transfer to the industry, technical support
• Direct and monitor all controlled research and field trials for Diamond V
• Responsible for overseeing protocol development, executing, managing and reporting results for research projects.
• Respond to customer requests for technical product information
• Assist with development of materials and delivery of technical training
• Manages and provides coaching and/or training to team, including coaching Cargill core values, personal safety, environmental stewardship, community involvement and development of specific competencies/skills.
• Enhance Diamond V credibility by speaking and writing for events and publications
• Develops and presents effective technical presentations to customers, universities, and industry groups on product performance and applications, animal production management, and appropriate topics relating to the animal production industry; information transfer
• Prepare research and technical articles for company use and present at National and International conferences.
• Responsibility for Global R&D effort in research and field trials
• Represent the company in industry and research organizations in concert with other technical staff and company strategy.
• Support sales personnel wherever appropriate.
• Assist in the development of technical information for sales and marketing literature and presentations.
• Accountable for performance management, talent development, succession planning and engagement directly and through subordinate supervisors.
• PhD or DVM with 10+ years experience in research and leadership in animal nutrition, biotechnology or related area OR 15+ years experience in research and leadership in animal nutrition, biotechnology or related area
• Ability to design experiments according to recognized statistical procedures.
• Knowledgeable in applications of statistical analysis.
• Skill in writing technical information for all levels of comprehension.
• Ability to maintain a high level of effective communication with appropriate people, both within and outside the company.
• Skill in making effective group presentations.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities, and organize work effectively.
• Considerable mental concentration is required to work effectively under time constraints and interruptions.
• Highly developed analytical skills, must be able to analyze a wide range of intellectual and practical problems, propose solutions, make logical decisions, carry out decisions, and conduct appropriate follow-up.
• Ability to professionally represent the Company at industry activities.
• Ability to maintain the integrity of highly confidential business information.
• Must be flexible in dealing with a wide variety of demands and changes in the scope of the responsibilities of the position.
• Multi-species knowledge a plus.
• Experience and passion in feed additives or related agriculture industry
• Experience in animal nutrition and health.
• Prior experience leading a team
Valid Through: 2019-11-7