At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skill sets result in better outcomes. KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
Director of Reliability
This is a hands-on opportunity with lots of room to grow! We are seeking a person with 10-15 years demonstrated experience testing and validating complex products in a global manufacturing environment. KATERRA is breaking new ground and revolutionizing the the building and construction industry with innovative products and processes. Come see what we are up to and help us build the next great company of our time!
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and manage our PA methodology, processes, and tool sets within our established KPLC (KATERRA Product Life Cycle)
- Global collaboration with systems engineers, architects, product development, quality, and manufacturing teams to establish PA methodologies.
- Hands on EVT, DVT, PVT, Environmental, Reliability, and Ongoing Quality testing, validation, and certification of all KATERRA products.
- Establish ongoing product reliability and quality improvement plans and processes.
- Contribute to employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, high performance, in a rapidly growing and evolving company.
Required Skills & Experience
- Broad knowledge and experience in test and validation of complex electronics, electromechanical, and/or building type products (power, elevator, utility, etc)
- Ability to develop and execute product validation plans and methods derived from market and product requirements.
- Demonstrated experience developing and using complex test equipment, setups, functional SW, to include analysis and synthesis of results.
- Experience using 3rd party NRTL's to achieve product certifications for complex regulatory and environmental requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments
Education & Preferred Skills
- 10-15 years of demonstrable experience
- BSEE/MSEE/CS or equivalent
- Advanced degree, specialized training, or additional experience in Quality and Product validation given special consideration.
- Familiarity with environmental standards for shock, vibration, temperature, etc.