Oversees a group of Relationship Managers and Client Service Associates, serving as a resource, providing guidelines, setting servicing standards and reviewing results. Manages a portfolio of sophisticated clients and provides a broad range of services. Develops new business and participates in department activities to promote effective account management and department growth.
- Oversees a team of Relationship Managers in carrying out responsibilities; assesses, develops, and provides training, guidelines, procedures, and support to Relationship Managers and Client Service Associates. \
- Provides mentoring and training to team. Manages team including interviewing, hiring and training, conducting performance reviews, making salary recommendations, distributing work, and resolving routine staffing problems.
- In collaboration with the team, sets, maintains and enhances client service standards. Mentors, develops best practices, reviews and streamlines processes, and provides information on updated products and services.
- Works with Relationship Managers to address and resolve account or client issues.
- Works closely with Director of Fiduciary Services to support Department objectives and initiatives.
- Oversees administration of an assigned group of accounts, including trusts, investment management accounts, and custody accounts.
- With a Portfolio Manager, ascertains client and account objectives for both assigned accounts and in some cases, for Relationship Managers appropriately to meet needs of all interested parties, account circumstances, and fiduciary standards within own book of business.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate account documentation and operating instructions, such as disbursements, reports, and fees.
- Collaborates with co-fiduciaries, attorneys, accountants, financial professionals and other Wealth Management staff, as required, to meet client objectives.
- Initiates appropriate levels of client contact via telephone, correspondence, and visitation, keeping clients informed of account-related matters and gaining knowledge of clients’ financial information, circumstances, and needs for additional services.
- Assists in development of new business by meeting with centers of influence, following-up with prospects and referrals, and supporting Business Development Officers, as requested, in meeting with prospects.
- Initiates and/or participates in department and/or Bank projects to enhance business and fiduciary standards.
- Oversees work of employees assigned to account base; manages levels of accuracy, client service, and consistency in meeting department standards; ensures thorough training in systems and procedural matters and provides education on client and account matters to enhance client service and job satisfaction; delegates account projects and research, as appropriate.
- Represents Bank by participating in civic activities, community organizations, and charitable functions.
- Ensures processes and procedures are being followed
- Attends Wealth Management and Wealth Management Senior Management meetings, including attendance at Trust Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in financial services,
- 8 years of direct relationship management experience preferably in a wealth management environment.
- 5 years of management experience.
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills, with effective problem resolution
- Ability to coach and lead a team of senior relationship management professionals.
- Experience with CRM systems preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent client service skills.
- Ability to prioritize, juggle a variety of tasks, and interact with staff at all levels.
- Attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, team player, and willingness to accept new assignments
- Valid driver’s license.