The Director of Rehabilitation Services is responsible for the development, management, and operation of both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
These functions include staffing, program development, budget development and monitoring, program evaluation, quality assurance, risk management and marketing support relating to the program. Treats clients from age infant to geriatric. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education and Training: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in a physical rehabilitation or related discipline.
Experience: Two years experience in an appropriate supervisory role, or a MHA or MBA with two years supervisory preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Read and write the English language.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and willingness to confer with hospital administrative, professional and clerical personnel. This includes the understanding of and the ability to instruct staff.
- Ability to supervise personnel and to establish the environmental climate for motivational occurrence.
- Ability to develop a self-imposed schedule and realistic goals and objectives.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with peers, supervisory management personnel and staff.
- Ability to communicate with patients and family members in establishing a favorable attitude and motivating them to desiredcooperation and effort.
- Ability to interact effectively and manage multi-disciplined personnel.
- Ability to plan and develop.
- Ability to utilize office equipment and computer software programs to support communication and reporting.