Aegis specializes in providing services that adapt to each individual’s needs, using leading-edge technology and innovation to help restore strength and confidence after illness, injury or surgery. More importantly we help individuals return to the activities they love.
When you join our team, you will always be a step ahead of the latest technologies and industry standards while building your professional skills and reaching your most ambitious goals — whether in a home health setting, outpatient, occupational, physical or speech therapy, medially oriented gyms or office support.
Director of Outpatient Rehab
Setting: Multi-site Director covering between 5-9 locations
Treating: Treatment of outpatient onsite Assisted living and Independent living communities
Discipline: Physical or Occupational Therapist
Responsible for the overall clinical quality, integrity, service excellence, growth and financial viability of Outpatient rehabilitation programs within assigned clinic or clinics in a geography to ensure customer and company expectations are met. Manages all services provided at assigned locations, including outpatient and home health therapy and wellness. Plans, develops, implements and monitors appropriate provision, documentation, billing of clinical services and customer relations. Identifies and implements marketing opportunities to increase referrals at assigned locations. Identifies opportunities for new clinics. Evaluates effectiveness of employees and ongoing programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Plans, develops, implements and monitors operations for overall quality, effectiveness, and financial viability. Works with Rehab Team to ensure operational and clinical functions deliver desired results for all services at assigned site(s). Institutes and leads sales and marketing plan for existing clinics to secure new business through referrals sources and community. Develops relationships with referral sources.
- Seeks out opportunities for new clinics.
- Manages/oversees appointment scheduling, insurance verification and authorization process at field level.
- Daily monitoring of clinical and operational metrics
- Completes all daily, weekly and monthly checklists and reporting responsibilities
- Takes responsibility for the training, development, retention, hiring, performance management, compensation, and engagement of therapy staff. Partners with and utilizes HR resources.
- Oversees clinical competency of therapy staff and implementation of clinical resources, core programs and applicable specialty products
- Delivers patient care and clinical supervision to meet each patient’s goals and needs as prescribed by medical doctor and determined by the evaluation and treatment plans. Ensures all care delivery is consistent with individual’s license.
- Ensures staff is properly licensed and trained in skilled therapy documentation; completes reviews for documentation quality and billing integrity; some reviews may be delegated to appropriately credentialed team member(s)
- Oversees compliance with accurate documentation, billing of therapy services, and denials. Partners with the HR administration team to ensure completion of annual compliance requirements.
- Ensures and validates client/customer satisfaction
- Acts as Rehab Agency administrator, if applicable
- Graduate from Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy program; Physical Therapist, preferred
- Must possess and maintain a current license in the state of practice
- Minimum five (5) year experience as treating therapist in outpatient or home health environment
- Minimum three (3) years multi-site therapy management experience
- Experience in sales and marketing
- Currently Credentialed Documentation Auditor (CDA) or ability to become credentialed within six (6) months
- Valid driver’s license in the state of practice
- Ability to travel as needed to manage multiple locations and for sales and marketing Occasionally with overnight stays
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and ability to learn company or customer systems and devices
- Skillful in leading multi-discipline teams with direct and matrix reporting structures
- Business Acumen and ability to learn financial processes and systems
- Demonstrated clinical management excellence
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in sales, marketing and growth of outpatient rehabilitation services
- Working knowledge of trans-disciplinary issues
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time without compromising deadlines
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient, employee and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with customers, patients, families, and other employees at all levels
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Mobility, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, walking, heavy lifting, fine hand coordination, ability to hear, ability to read and write, ability to detect odors, and ability to remain calm under stress.
- Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc.
- Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.
- Intelligible speech and normal language / cognitive skills.
- Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretchers.*
- Lifting of patients*, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 100 pounds rarely.
- Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day.
- Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead.
- Must be able to transfer patients.*
- Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients / caregivers.
- Work in a fast-paced clinical environment.
- Weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.