Make Your Mark.
Director of Rehab- Occupational Therapist Assistant
Be extraordinary. Bring your passion for improving lives to Genesis HealthCare, the nation's largest skilled nursing care provider. Our therapy division, Genesis Rehab Services (GRS), operates throughout the United States, as well as in select international locations. What this means for you is the chance to be part of an organization that continues to expand strategically, while ensuring that you have everything you need to be extraordinary... from outstanding benefits and state-of-the-art Gyms, to regular schedules that help you balance work and life. Plus, we're an organization committed to clinical excellence and understand the role our employees play in achieving excellence, which is why you'll encounter an unparalleled level of respect for your thoughts, opinions and expertise.
Help ensure the highest standard of rehabilitation services by joining Genesis HealthCare as a Director of Rehab. You'll work with a Director, Area Clinical Operations to make rehabilitation services as efficient and profitable as possible by recruiting team members and managing various aspects of employee development, including orientation and performance. You'll oversee daily staffing and utilization, as well as revenues and expenses, and serve as a mentor to staff. In addition, the Director of Rehab cultivates key customer relationships, promotes Genesis Health Services Network products and services, and identifies and secures new contracts.
The Director of Rehab is responsible for the efficient management of rehabilitation services in his/her assigned account(s). This position also assists in integration of rehabilitation services in all settings. The Director of Rehab ensures that the highest standard of rehabilitation services is delivered and maintained.
1. Assumes responsibility for the efficient and profitable management of rehabilitation services in assigned site(s) of service.
2. Provides direct patient care.
3. Monitors the standard of clinical services being delivered and maintained in all sites and insures an ethical and compliant product is being delivered.
4. Operationally manages GRS personnel and consultants within facility or home care contracts.
5. Insures accountability to the provision of evidence based care and adherence to care delivery standards.
6. Reviews monthly department and individual therapist outcomes and supports staff in identifying strategies to improve outcomes as needed.
7. Assists therapy staff in identifying and removing barriers to treatment and providing clinical education to meet the needs of the patient.
8. Takes responsibility for the development and support of all staff in their site to include rounding, coaching and mentoring.
9. Assumes responsibility for annual merit evaluation of therapy staff.
10. Assumes responsibility for hiring therapy staff (in conjunction with the Director, Area Clinical Operations).
11. Assumes responsibility for daily staffing and utilization with input from treating therapists, consideration of clinical requirements, and recommendations from the Regional Clinical Director.
12. Administers financial controls of revenue and expenses.
13. Assumes responsibility for facility reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
14. Assists Director, Area Clinical Operations in annual budget preparation.
15. Assumes responsibility for meeting annual budget goals as set by Director, Area Clinical Operations.
16. Assists with clinical orientation and ensures that there is a quality orientation process for new rehab staff.
17. Supports the delivery of the highest standard of rehab services through appropriate utilization of resources, the promotion of clinical programs, and staff development in collaboration with licensed therapists, the Director, Area Clinical Operations and the Regional Clinical Director.
18. Promotes all Genesis Health Care products and services whenever possible.
19. Assists Director, Area Clinical Operations in identifying and securing new contracts.
20. Develops and maintains relationship with facility management team and staff as a representative of GRS.
21. Ensures that the clinical management of the rehab department, including oversight related to case management, quality improvement, care planning, clinical utilization, and patient identification is overseen.
22. Completes monthly reports and formally reviews them with the facility administration.
23. Upholds the GRS Promises:
I will lead by example by always acting with integrity and honesty. I will expect the same of my staff and team members. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee Handbook.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS1. A bachelor's degree is preferred for the Director of Rehab PTA or COTA level position.2. Additionally, the Director of Rehab PTA or COTA Level must have three years direct patient care experience and either one year of management experience in a rehabilitation setting or has functioned successfully as a point person under the supervision of a Director, Area Clinical Operations for a period of one year.3. A thorough knowledge of Medicare and third party billing is also required. Beyond our highly competitive compensation and benefits -- key reasons why Genesis has one of the industry's highest retention levels is our investment in our employees. You can trust that you will always be successful, no matter where your Genesis career takes you. Whether it's enhancing clinical skills or developing leadership capabilities we actively support your goals. We are proud to foster a culture that strives for clinical excellence and creates remarkable experiences for our patients and residents, our customers, and each other. GRS employees are professors, activists, researchers, and leaders. Students and seasoned professionals alike turn to GRS for research, education, and clinical leadership. These are examples of the level of caring we show to those we work with and who work for us. Apply today, make your mark and see just how extraordinary you can be. As one of the nation's largest long-term care and rehabilitation providers, we offer a generous and wide-ranging compensation and benefits package, including:Medical/dental/vision insurances (Full Time)Company-paid life insuranceVoluntary insurance programs401(k) Program with Discretionary MatchContinuing Education Programs through Genesis UniversityLeadership Training ProgramPre-tax Health Savings and Flexible Spending AccountsService awardsGroup Auto and Homeowners InsuranceGenerous Elder Care benefit for family members.