Director of Regulatory Strategy
11 - 15 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
Director GRA NA - MS/Immunology/Neurology
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services
Job Category: Research & Development
The Director of North America Regulatory Strategy (NA GRA) will be primarily responsible for the development of US regulatory strategy to advance the MS/Immunology/Neurology portfolio of development pipeline candidates and life cycle management of marketed products. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of North America Regulatory Affairs, this individual will work within the Global Regulatory Team to provide strategic input and ensure operational execution of US submission activities for the MS/Immunology/Neurology portfolio.
The individual will be responsible to interface directly with the US FDA as the primary contact for the company for assigned programs.
The position may be based at either Bridgewater, NJ or Cambridge, MA sites.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible to proactively develop innovative, robust US regulatory strategies and ensure their efficient and effective execution for pipeline and lifecycle assets in clinical development for MS/Immunology/Neurology indications which adhere to US regulatory and company guidelines.
- Represent the NA GRA perspective as a member of project specific cross functional global regulatory team (GRT) and be accountable to develop and maintain US aspects of regulatory strategy documents.
- Lead the strategic development of briefing materials and prepare teams for US FDA meetings.
- Participate in the development of and assess the appropriateness of submission documentation to support successful INDs/NDAs/BLAs.
- Represent company at US FDA for assigned projects.
- Work with the NA labeling strategist and the Global Regulatory Team to develop US prescribing information.
- Work with and participate on multi-disciplinary matrixed project teams to successfully meet project deliverables while adhering to regulatory requirements for programs and products.
- Consult with senior management to develop and communicate regulatory strategies and advice for products and programs.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the US regulatory environment and updating of standards and processes related to drug and biologics US regulations.
- Supervise, and/or coach mentor, junior staff supporting regulatory team.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and internal policies
- At least 10 years?experience in regulatory drug development experience.
- Solid working knowledge of drug development process and US regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing regulatory strategies for US INDs, BLA, and/or NDAs
- ExperiencewithMS/Immunology/Neurology drug development.
- Demonstrated experience successfully operating in a global environment.
- Advanced scientific degreepreferred. B.A./B.S. or higher degree (s) in the sciences, or health related field minimum, with8years regulatory experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Experience
- Strategic thinker
- Solid knowledge and understanding of complex medical and scientific subject matter as well as evolving US regulatory policy and guidance
- Direct interaction/negotiation experiencewith US FDA.
- Strong strategic skills including the ability to make complex decisions and willingness to defend difficult positions.
- Excellent operational skills including planning, organizing and ability to motivate and lead others.
- Ability to work well within cross-functional globally oriented teams
- Demonstrates excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Understanding of the U.S. pharmaceutical marketplace and familiarity with medical terminology. Ability to understand issues, problems, and opportunities by comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions and then can choose a course of action or develop the appropriate solution.
- Develops collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Shows ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques and can modify behavior to gain acceptance of ideas or plans
- Ability build networks to obtain cooperation without relying on authority
- Unquestionable ethics, professional integrity, and personal values consistent with the values
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Bonus Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
- 10+ to 15 years experience
Seniority Level - Director
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally