The Director of Recruiting will supervise the recruitment efforts and recruitment staff. He/she will manage the entire recruitment life cycle, develop and manage all recruitment policies, processes and programs. He/she will collaborate with colleagues in integrating outstanding recruitment practices. The Director of Recruiting will implement sourcing and recruiting campaigns to attract and acquire high quality talent that makes Mouser a recognized leader in the market. As the lead of Mouser’s recruitment team, the Director of Recruiting will build a strong candidate pipeline, improve the efficiency of Mouser’s recruitment processes and increase the presence and knowledge of Mouser as a preferred employer.
• Organize, plan and manage the entire recruitment life cycle from sourcing candidates to onboarding to deliver consistent and timely results.
• Develop and implement a recruitment strategy to support organizational mission, vision and goals.
• Drive improvements to recruitment policies and processes to ensure an effective and high quality recruitment service is delivered and to provide regular recruitment metrics on the progress, i.e. (time-to-hire and cost-per-hire).
• Oversee the application and use of a candidatedatabase (Taleo) of qualified candidates to management.
• Participate and/or lead in talent strategy sessions and apply knowledge gained to all aspects of the recruitment efforts.
• Engage in workforce planning and forecasting organization-wide; collaborate with business partners to identify priority positions and source talent in advance of open positions.
• Provide general recruitment and talent acquisition support, including defining job requirements and responsibilities, writing job ads, posting open positions, conducting phone/Skype interviews, screening resumes, coordination of interviews, researching new acquisition sources, and addressing general employment inquiries.
• Work with the Vice President or Human Resources Director to ensure that compensation strategies are aligned to ensure competiveness in the market.
• Identify targeted advertising opportunities, design all recruitment forms and recruitment materials;
• Participate in job fairs including college career fairs to improve Mouser’s bench strength.
• Create and foster strong relationships with colleagues and partner with hiring managers to identify requirements and business needs. Provide coaching on sourcing and interview strategy.
• Ensure recruiters and hiring managers have a clear mutual understanding of staffing policies, practices, processes and priorities.
• Manage Mouser’s recruitment team working by example to set high standards and outstanding leadership guidance offering ongoing feedback, and opportunities for development.
• Collaborate and liaise with Human Resources team on a variety of operational and strategic initiatives including; new hire processing of documentation, Affirmative Action Planning, compensation, and job design.
• Strong knowledge of Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures (UGESP) and related employer software for pre-employment testing.
• Ensure compliance with OFCCP and VEOA and all EEO requirements, proposals and project hires.
• Prepare and/or review offer letter/employment agreements for signature.
• Proactively build Mouser’s talent pipeline and network of potential candidates by identifying, screening interviewing and assessing candidates for future business development goals and by creating a presence at career fairs, on-line and other virtual locations;
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 7 or more years of recruiting experience, 3 or more year’s management experience.
• Strong experience with (phone and in-person) interviews, candidate screening and evaluation
• Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (Taleo) and HRdatabases
• Solid familiarity with social media and other professional recruitment networks
• Excellent verbal and written communication and team management skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• BA or BS in Business, Human Resources Management or Organizational Psychology
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of labor legislation, implementing required changes to keep company recruitment processes compliant
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
• Considerable knowledge of practices and standards of HR office administration
• Strong training, analytical and organizational skills, and attention to detail
• PC experience in a Microsoft Windows environment, proficient with internet email, Taleo, Word, Excel, Outlook and other software
• Ability to effectively learn and manage various systems used in an HR environment
• Skill Evaluation: Math 80%, Spelling 80%, Excel 70%, Typing 40 WPM
• SHRM SCP or PHRpreferred