$80K — $100K *
Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you're looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
Featuring stylish suites and common areas, the Revera Riverbend in Edmonton is a welcoming retirement home for seniors. With its nice landscaping and colourful gardens, this retirement residence is warm and inviting inside and out.
Join us as an energetic, vibrant and creative leader to oversee and manage the Recreation Department. With your creativity and enthusiasm, we can partner to develop and deliver engaging and entertaining programs for our residents. Your expertise will encourage our residents to participate in programs that enhance their health and well-being while inspiring them to live life to the fullest!
In this role you will be focused on:
- Assessing residents' needs and developing programs to meet these needs
- Achieving Resident Satisfaction Survey targets
- Evaluating and improving recreation programs
- Facilitating various programs and events for residents
- Living our values and ensuring others on your team do to
- Grow and evaluate an active volunteer program to support residence needs
What You Will Do:
Collaborate - Work with the Executive Director, residents and staff to develop engaging recreation programs that meet the needs of the residents.
Manage - Effectively manage staff and volunteers within approved budgets.
Roll-up your sleeves - To facilitate and provide opportunities for meaningful recreational programs.
Comply - Ensure policies, procedures, processes and systems are in place and being monitored.
Cultivate - To promote Resident autonomy, independence and advocacy, including Residents' rights and a culture of non-abuse. Promoting resident's council and attending meetings as required.
Create - Create a newsletter and recreation calendar to promote programs and engage residents.
What You Bring:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized institution in the field of recreation/activation, therapeutic recreation, wellness, gerontology, kinesiology or a related field
- Certifications or training in gerontology, senior's fitness, Dementia/Alzheimer's, wellness interventions, SmartServe, Food Handling and volunteer management are considered an asset
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in recreation and one (1) year of leadership experience working with mature adults and seniors in a related setting
- Previous experience working with seniors or in an adult wellness program
- Knowledge of community resources, service development
- Current F Class/Class 4 license or ability to obtain
- Current certification in CPR/first aid
- Better than average computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Business management background and skills
- Strong leadership skills; experience managing staff and volunteers
- Effective oral and written communication skills to respectfully and compassionately work with older adults and their families
- Values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion & Excellence
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
What We Offer:
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Technology to help you do your job better
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Better work life balance
Valid through: 12/7/2020