To date, Everlane has built a strong brand mainly driven by its online presence. This year, we are accelerating our growth and bringing more physical stores to our customers — adding to the two successful stores we have in New York and San Francisco.
Everlane is looking for a Director of Real Estate to spearhead the real estate development process. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment with a proven track record of building and managing a strong real estate pipeline in the retail space. This role is based in San Francisco and will report to the Head of Store Development.
Join our mission and be a part of a team that's reimaginingretail and innovating on ways we can bring an already established brand to the physical world.
- Create and execute Everlane’s real estate strategy
- Build and oversee the real estate pipeline processes, develop and maintain key real estate and retailing industry relationships including landlords, brokers, and retailers
- Prepare, present, and analyze pro forma budgets for new store opportunities to determine store financial feasibility; perform site research, demographics, and mapping
- Manage the full spectrum of property assets related to leased space (stores and offices); work directly with landlords and brokers to meet space needs and brand requirements; negotiate terms and conditions of leases, review offers to lease and lease agreements
- Interface with attorneys to review, negotiate and finalize leases and coordinate various elements
- Build and maintain the leasedatabase with key leaselease data and communicate leasedates to appropriate cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with Store Development teams to ensure retail environments are opened on time, aligned with the store design vision and within the approved pro forma
- Build strong partnerships with the CEO, CFO, and Retail Operations and Support teams
- Build strong real estate talent and capability aligned to achieve strategic objectives
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 4 to 7 years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate
- Experience with commercial real estate and transaction management
- Strong capabilities in lease negotiation and alternative deal structures with an ability to analyze/interpret both quantitative and qualitative datasets
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Experiencing leading teams, working cross-functionally, and dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excels under pressure; ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment