TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create the monthly staffing schedules for Rad Support Specialists
- Approve and schedule PTO/Vacation requests for employees
- Oversee the running of the Radiology Support department /staff
- Manage the radiologist queue and reassign cases when needed to optimize case turnaround
- Answer general questions and provide assistance to staff members throughout the course of the shift
- The manager must have an exceptional knowledge of Rely and its operations and also possess a high level of understanding about anatomy, physiology, and x-ray procedures.
- Perform analysis and provide feedback on exception report cases including skips, re-reads, rejects etc.
- Perform analysis and provide feedback to regions on image quality.
- They personally deal with problem cases / calls and liaise with the relevant facilities and customers involved when more junior staff need the assistance
- Train and supervise Radiology Support Specialists
- Develop and implement policy and procedures that insure smooth, efficient que management.
- Perform and assist with interviews and hiring of new staff
- Perform and assist with staff reviews
- Liaise with doctors and staff regarding issues to TAT, re-reads, addendums etc.
- Assist with the daily work when necessary
- Rotate schedule as needed to work with every shift, observe performance and train staff.
- Work with IT Liaison to identify necessary system enhancements.
- Manage physician scheduling utilizing the SGA program
- Monitor Schedule Gap Analysisreports to identify staffing issues.
- Work with SGA programmer to identify program problems and enhancements
- Review monthly reports and analyze to identify issues, their sources and improvements
- Coordinate communications between field operations, call centers and sales to improve patient care and customer satisfaction
- Perform the functions of the BUCL (Business Unit Compliance Leader) for Rely
- Manage legal requests for patient information (i.e., subpoenas, release of information, etc.
- Relevant training or experience incorporating anatomy/physiology, medical terminology and x-ray procedures.
- Experience working with patients is critical as a sense of urgency is extremely important in handling day to day issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to determine root cause of problem and recommend solutions.
- Proven Leadership skills (minimum of 4 years supervisory/management experience).
- High level computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good follow-up skills.
- Ability to handle high volume work load.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent people skills.
- Experience working in skilled nursing helpful, experienceworking with patients required.