Director of Race & Sports and E-Gaming
Responsible for the overall operation, supervision and administration of the Race & Sports Book, Poker and Keno. Responsible for the protection of the company's assets. Performs all duties in accordance with Caesars Entertainment policies and within the realm of the Caesars Entertainment Mission Statement.
Five years experience as a manager is required. Thorough knowledge of the operation of the Race & Sports Book, including all betting combinations and extensions as required. In addition, knowledge of all rules and regulations of the Race & Sports Book department, regulatory agencies and the Gaming Control Board for Race & Sports wagering is required. Knowledge of personal computers, pari-mutuel wagering and associated equipment preferred. In addition must have knowledge of all rules and regulations in regard to Poker and Keno operations. High school graduate or equivalent required. Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, team-building, and problem-solving skills are required. The ability to calmly handle stressful situations and the willingness to work any day of the week and long shifts when necessary is required. Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team. Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Attention to Detail: Able to be alert in a high-risk environment; follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor gauges, instruments, or processes; concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain a system of records.
Commitment to Task: Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles; be available around the clock in case of emergency; give long hours to the job; demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results.
Innovation: Able to challenge conventional practices; adapt established methods for new uses; pursue ongoing system improvement; play with concepts and ideas to create novel solutions to problems; evaluate new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
Leadership: Able to assume a role of authority as necessary; advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved; set an example for coworkers; delegate responsibility and empower associates to make decisions; provide constructive feedback to others.
Planning, Prioritizing & Goal Setting: Able to prepare for emerging customer needs; manage multiple projects; determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way; use goals to guide actions and create detailed action plans; organize and schedule people and tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs, supervises and observes all activities of the Race & Sports Book, Poker Room and Keno for adherence to department, company and regulatory agencies’ policies and procedures.
- Prepares budgets, operating plans and staffing levels while ensuring the highest levels of customer service exist.
- Monitors performance standards regularly.
- Establishes and maintains open channels of communication, establishes a team, motivates others and treats others with dignity and respect.
- Hires, trains, coaches, develops and evaluates employees and takes initiative, sets goals and serves as a role model for others.
- Has a positive attitude toward “the people”, “the job” and Caesars Entertainment.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Partnering with Corporate Gaming, IT and other Corporate/Shared Service partners to build-out e-gaming capabilities
- Entrepreneurial aptitude/attitude to drive group, third-party and internally lead e-gaming
- Operationalize e-gaming tournaments (programing, directing, etc)
- Creatively look to monetize traffic flow tied to both traditional & e-gaming crowds.
Work Environment and ADA Requirements:
Required to stand, walk and must have dexterity in both hand and finger movement. Occasionally will sit, climb/balance and stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl.Occasionally will need to lift up to 25 lbs. Required to use close and ability to focus vision.Frequently will need to use distance, color, peripheral and depth vision.Occasionally the work environment will be wet or humid and contain moving parts.Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.