This position is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual with the initiative and ability to tackle new projects, challenges, and concepts, to join our team and lead water/wastewater treatment and conveyance projects with support from one of the best-qualified municipal consulting firms in the country. The Principal Project Manager must have a proven reputation with municipal sector clients and a successful track record of winning and executing projects. The successful applicant will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge within the water and wastewater market to develop client relationships and opportunities to secure work and manage the execution of the work in a manner that meets the client’s objectives and leads to a sustainable workload from our clients. The applicant should have a strong commitment to quality practices with a focus to ensuring that they are properly planned and implemented in the delivery of our projects. In that vein, the applicant would serve as the responsible lead of the Quality Management System (QMS) for the Water Business Line.
It is anticipated that the time split between the responsibilities of the position would be approximately 50 percent covering the quality director responsibilities and 50 percent covering the project management duties.
Quality director responsibilities would include:
- Leading the implementation and periodic updates to the quality management system (QMS)
- Leading the Water QMS Organization and work groups to implement the QMS
- Serving as the responsible lead in the periodic update of Water Quality Manual
- Supporting the activities of the Quality Consultants in the Water QMS
- Providing guidance on the planning, execution, tracking of quality plans for projects
- Serving as the responsible lead for developing/maintaining QMS tools, informational materials, and aids for execution of project work.
Project management responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and directing the development of water and wastewater opportunities as a client-facing project director/manager in our seller-doer model.
- Overseeing the planning, design, and construction administration of projects to ensure compliance with contracts, drawings, specifications, codes, statutes, rules, and regulations, as well as Arcadis quality and safety practices.
- Communicating with clients, establishing goals and objectives for project teams, and scheduling and coordinating resources to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the performance expectations of the client.
- Providing technical expertise on multi-disciplined projects as a QA/QC reviewer, technical advisor, or design leader.
- Managing small to large sized, multi-disciplined, municipal water / wastewater projects, including client interactions and leading project teams in successful project delivery with respect to scope, schedule, quality and budget.
- Participate actively in the marketing and proposal phases of projects including scope development, development of value propositions, client interviews and contract execution.
- Participate in developing and executing our growth strategy for engineering services on a regional level and support national pursuits and projects.
- Leading teams in the marketing and proposal phases of projects including preparation of winning proposals and successful presentations, as well as developing scopes of work and budgets for various water and wastewater projects.
- Supervising and supporting the work of others while mentoring junior level technical and client-facing staff.
- Participating in professional associations, activities and conferences.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong team leadership experience including managing overall project delivery expectations, prioritizing tasks, and mentoring.
- Strong Client Management skills, including preparation and development of proposals and client relationship building.
- Strong business development skills with a successful record of managing client accounts, assisting in new client development and leading project pursuits and pursuit teams, in a collaborative fashion, on a variety of opportunities.
- 15 years of relevant water, wastewater experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field of study.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in a state that Arcadis has a Water BL office with ability to obtain registration in other jurisdictions by reciprocity
- Project management experience including at least 10 years of demonstrated experience managing small to large, multi-disciplined, municipal water and wastewater projects with construction values ranging from under $1M to over $30M.
- Team leadership experience including managing overall project delivery expectations, prioritizing tasks, and mentoring.
- Client Management skills, including preparation and development of proposals and client relationship building.
- Experience with preparation of construction documents.
- Active participation in regional and/or national professional association(s).