About Del Sol Medical Center:
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
To assist the Admin Director of Quality (Market) in implementation of all aspects of the Quality Management Program including the identification of opportunities to improve patient care, and is responsible for the management, supervision and daily operation of the Quality Management Department. To provide leadership and be a role model for the staff of the Quality Management Department.
1. Assists the Admin Director of Quality in the implementation of the hospital wide CQI Program. Works with the Medical Staff leadership, TMF/Federal Representatives and hospital staff.
2. Assists the Admin Director of Quality in identifying and developing organizational improvement opportunities while looking at specific clinical outcomes.
3. Participates in education of hospital and Medical Staff in the Performance Improvement Program/methodology and current Joint Commission/TMF Federal requirements.
4. Assists in the Incident Report Program.
5. Reviews medical records according to criteria and outcome data identified.
6. Promotes positive Customer Service with internal and external customers.
7. Actively participates or leads CQI Pathway teams as needed.
8. Responsible for the coordination of regulatory surveys, in particular, the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization (Joint Commission) survey.
9. Manages and directs the Quality Management Department.
10. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONREQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
ADN or BSN required. MSN or other Master's program in related field preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Licensed RN in State of Texas or compact state. Certified Professional in Quality Management certification preferred. BCLS certification preferred.
EXPERIENCEREQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
5years clinical experiencepreferred, 1-2years experience in Quality Management desirable.
1year of Management experiencepreferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding desired.
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to adapt to change readily and function in a professional manner.
Basic computer skills and ability to grasp concepts of computers with training and experience.
Strong leadership skills
Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Knowledge of JCAHO standards and the accreditation process.
Knowledge of data collection methods.
Knowledge of medical record chart organization, documentation on forms, and universal order.
Ability to understand clinical criteria and outcome criteria.
Ability to proficiently prioritize and handle multiple projects and deadlines