CHI Franciscan Rehabilitation Hospital serves patients recovering from strokes, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries, and other conditions. The hospital is an exciting and new joint venture partnership between CHI Franciscan Health and Kindred Healthcare. We are growing and have an opportunity for a Director of Quality Management to lead this effort!
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating, implementing and evaluating quality and performance improvement initiatives for the hospital in partnership with medical, nursing and other hospital leaders
- Providing guidance and oversight to the Health Information Manager, Case Managers and Staff Educator
- Responding to as well as tracking and trending patient complaints
- Planning, coordinating and implementing infection prevention efforts
- Ensuring hospital compliance with JCAHO and other regulatory requirements as well as internal policies and procedures
- Serving as a member of the hospital's senior leadership team which includes serving as Administrator-On-Call on a rotating basis
- Competitive salary
- A robust employee benefits program that includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, identity theft and pet insurance as well as generous paid time off and a 401(k) savings program
- Great team environment
- Opportunity to lead and grow with a beautiful new hospital that provides unique services to Pierce County.
- Support and resources from Kindred's regional leadership and peers at 20 other Kindred Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals across the United States.
When you come to work here, you will be joining an interdisciplinary team where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee's dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine's "Most Admired Healthcare Company" for 8 years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing is required
- A bachelor's degree in nursing, healthcare administration or a related field is strongly preferred
- Five or more years of nursing experience in an acute care setting is strongly preferred
- Two or more years of experience with quality and performance improvement initiatives, staff education, risk management, and infection prevention is preferred; experience should include setting up and maintaining data collection methodologies to measure outcomes of initiatives
- Two or more years of prior supervisory/management experience is preferred
- Prior experience with change management methodologies and techniques
- Current licensure as a registered nurse
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills