- Works with the Medical Staff and Administration to assure compliance with all regulatory agencies, Medical Staff, and related committees regarding Quality Management requirements.
- Provides support to the Medical Executive Committee and serves on or chairs hospital support committees. Coordinates Quality Management Department interactions with other hospital departments.
- Develops and manages programs for risk elimination and risk control with emphasis on increased quality of patient care and medical services. Administers the overall Patient Safety/Risk Management/ Workers’ Compensation Programs.
- Plans, develops, and maintains the Infection Control Program; initiates review/revision of Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Performs or oversees all tasks associated with the hospital’s quality reporting requirements, to include gathering and tracking relevant quality data and outcomes, inputting data into appropriate systems, filing reports with various agencies, and following up to ensure all quality-related reports are filed correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Serves as the facility resource for policies and procedures.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the position are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients or customers, served by the department.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
Supervision: Directs the functions and the staff of the Quality Management department.
Experience: Five to seven year clinical and/or administrative experience with a quality focus, including previous management experience.
Education:Bachelor’s degree, or combination of an Associate’s degree in an approved Registered Nurse program and meaningful and appropriate experience.
Licensure/Certification: Current clinical license in state where currently practicing preferred. All Directors Quality Management must maintain current licensure (if applicable) while employed with LifeCare Hospitals.