Tracking Code 1234-056
Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people, working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments, and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather, architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
KnollStudio is a standalone, specialty business within Knoll, Inc. We are responsible for the original classic furniture pieces of Knoll designed by such famous designers as Mies Van der Rohe, Harry Bertoia, Jens Risom, Eero Saarinen, Richard Schultz and Warren Platner. Virtually all our products are made outside of Knoll. We source through over 300 suppliers both domestically and internationally from 11 countries throughout the world.
We ship our products through Knoll Mixing Centers direct to corporate customers and dealers as well as through our White Glove network to residential customers.
KnollStudio sells through three customer/consumer selling channels: corporate/contract customer orders are sold through Knoll sales reps and Knoll dealers; retail orders are sold through our KnollSpace dealer network; the consumer channels sell to residential customers, designers and end users through our Ecommerce website: Knoll.com; the Knoll Design Stores in Los Angeles and New York City, and the Design Center in New York City.
The position of KnollStudio Director of Quality is responsible for the support of all facets of KnollStudio product design, procurement, vendor quality and support, customer service support, marketing and sales support.
Product Development: Development Planning (team member), QAR’s, Control/Test Plans ECN’s
Audits: Supplier – Develop and assist: Process mapping, Product Knowledge, Manufacturing History, Expectations and Liaison between suppliers.
- Monitor: Root cause, corrective actions and RN’s
- Internal - ISO (Studio and Corporate), MCE and Studio Production
Inspection: Component parts/finished goods, textiles, leather, RMA’s (Returned Goods), Customer orders and damaged in transit
Support: Purchasing: Interpret drawings (CAD knowledge)/Engineering, Knowledge of Manufacturing processes, material and vendor capabilities
- Engineering: GD&T, supplier capabilities and FAIR
Customer Service/Studio Support: Product Knowledge – assembly, history, Manufacturing processes and product maintenance
Field Service: Manage: Customer interface, analytical skills (repair or replace) And logistics
- Train: Product Knowledge and mechanical aptitude
- Execute: Interpersonal skills and cross managerial boundaries
Marketing/Sales: Product descriptions: construction, materials, manufacturing And advantages
- Product Maintenance
Sourcing: Purchasing, materials and processes
Cost Reductions: new materials and processes
Master standards maintenance: Color matching and calibration of finishes and production warranty.
Code Compliance: Green Guard air quality; CARB/ LACEY Act; Google Portico; LEED’s, FSC and others as required.
- Team player working with leadership in all areas
- Ability to prioritize goals
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- International experience required
- Demonstrated leadership in previous positions
- Comfortable working in a shop floor environment
- Strong technical, written and oral communication skills
- Focus on process improvement and cost improvement
- Must be flexible to travel as needed: travel 30-40% of the time
- Demonstrated ability to deliver key metrics
- Good problem solving and analytical skills; a critical thinker
- A strategic thinker and planner
- BS in Engineering or BS in Business with Quality experience
- 10+ years of demonstrated leadership in a Quality or Engineering management role
- Experience in Project Management necessary
- Applied knowledge in statistical process control design and continuous improvement methodologies