Seeking a Director of Quality for the flagship division of a Fortune 250 manufacturing leader.
This position reports directly to the division?s General Manager and manages implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the division?s quality management systems at all locations, using recognized standards (ISO/TS 16949), and transitioning to new standards (IATF 16949); as a basis for system performance. This highly visible role interacts with all division functional areas, customers, suppliers, regulatory agencies, and division/corporate management.
- Lead transition to new standards (IATF 16949) and represent management in efforts toward quality certification implementation and maintenance.
- Interface with various functional areas and communicate customer, regulatory and organizational requirements to maintain product quality and ensure customer-oriented quality focus.
- Lead documentation, implementation and management of the quality management system. Coordinate quality system audits.
- Partner with division leadership to ensure proper training of employees performing quality-related functions.
- 4-yeardegree in an Engineering or related discipline required. Advanced degree and/or certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Six SigmaBlack Belt (CSSBB), or Certified Quality Manager (CQ Manager) is preferred.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of ISO/TS 16949 to IATF 16949. Thorough knowledge of International Standard ISO9001 Quality Management Systems (ISO/TS 16949 as applicable for automotive sector) is mandatory.
- 5-7years of related experience and proven knowledge of manufacturing and quality technologies.