Quality Director - needs experience managing multiple sites
We are currently seeking a Director of Quality to manage the continuous review of quality assurance programs and formulate new or revised procedures to effect improvements, reduce cost and enhance efficiency. This position will also be responsible for providing technical and statistical assistance to manufacturing and sales groups to solve product quality issues and will oversee quality Management programs at locations.
- Maintain existing Quality Management Systems for business Units ensuring all elements in relationship to the corporate quality system and the plant quality system meet or exceed ISO9001 requirements.
- Responsible for setting strategic Quality plans for sites
- Responsible for Quality goals and objectives for sites
- Oversee corrective preventative action system
- Identify opportunities to apply statistical-based problem solving techniques to solve critical quality issues.
- Overall responsibility for Supplier Management process
- Oversee plant nonconforming material program, equipment calibration program, and document control program and product complaint investigation.
- Manage receiving inspection, testing of received parts, components, materials, and products to determine conformance to standards.
- Manage the internal audit program to establish consistent adherence to ISO9001 requirements and that maintains plant readiness when followed.
- Work withengineering disciplines to develop process validations, product and component test methods, inspection guidelines and quality system procedures and participate in hazard analysis reviews.
- Manage supplier selection, assessment and monitoring program
- Review/approve all elements/documentation associated w/Design Control.
- Oversee Quality System and QMS training.
- Lead and develop a quality staff with skills and abilities to become a true service organization to support the plant in training and technical troubleshooting to achieve plant and company goals.
- May work on special projects/assignments upon request.
- Bachelor of Science degree in appropriate discipline
- 5 -10 years experience in Quality Engineering and Management in an ISO9001 environment.
- Experience managing multiple sites
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret journals, engineeringblueprints and drawings, and governmental regulations;
- Write reports and effectively present information, work with mathematical concepts, solve practical and complex problems of a technical nature
- Deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists,
- Lead validation process for newly developed and existing products.
- Demonstrated use of Quality tools and methodologies including experience in application and use of FMEA, APQP, MSA, PPAP, SPC, HARM (Risk Analysis), Fault Tree Analysis, Root Cause and Corrective/Preventative Action.
- Practical knowledge of applied statistical tools, including process capability and Statistical Process Control.