The Opportunity | Director of Quality
Reporting to the General Manager of our Actuation business, you will be accountable for developing, implementing and maintaining technical quality assurance and control systems and activities for the Actuation Division. As a quality leader within the organization, you will define and specify the implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products.
- Establishes and maintains quality assurance unit system and methods on a periodic basis to ensure its efficient operation and its compliance with applicable regulations and standards
- Reviews and disseminates regulatory reference information that may affect the operation of the quality assurance unit or other areas
- Participate in reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations.
- Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Reports the status of compliance with applicable regulations and standards that relate to studies, operations, and facilities to management
- Reviews quality assurance unit inspection reports to assess findings, responses, and need for follow-up activities
- Serves as a key contact for inspections and provides input for responses to those inspections
- Serves as an internal consultant for system validation projects
- University degree in an applicable field, Masters preferred
- Minimum 10 years of Quality Leadership in aerospace operations that covers all aspects of design, development, qualification, fabrication, manufacturing, and aftermarket support
- Proven experience managing multiple sites including international experience
- Demonstrated experience with AS9100 Rev. C or D
- Knowledgeable with applicable requirements of CFR Title-14
- Advanced 6-sigma and/or lean certifications, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Superior leadership, decision-making, communication, organization and interpersonal skills, as well as strong team building and training skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.