Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systemsand aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, toprovide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw materialto aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The Director of Quality will be responsible for leading the Quality organization toenhance business performance and drive a positive continuous improvement culture. This includes defining quality process standards, specifications, and other technicaldata necessary to meet Customer, FAA and Company quality requirements, while also supporting other functions in the pursuit of operational excellence. Will also oversee, monitor, and document employee training, performance, and compliance withCompany policies and procedures. Responsibilities also include regular interactionswith high level customers.
The successful candidate will play a key role in developing the site business strategy and promoting close collaborative interactions with the Engineering, Programs, Business Development, Supply Chain and Human Resources management teams.
The Director of Quality will:
- Ensure the Quality organization is a full partner in driving company / site initiatives and improving business operations performance.
- Establish and drive Quality initiatives that advance improvement in both delivery and cost, while aligned to Corporate Core Value Drivers and Business Unit / OpCo level KPIs.
- Promote employee development by actively engaging in coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, training, performance management and careerdevelopment.
- Actively interface with customers to promote positive, constructive relationships.
- Ensure the quality of products / processes meet or exceed customerrequirements.
- Be responsible for administration of the site AS9100 certified QualityManagement System.
- Ensure that audits, both internally and externally, are performed, root causes determined, and corrective actions are followed through to correct and prevent any deficiencies and discrepancies observed.
- Provide oversight and reporting of Production Accountability
- Quality Resource Management and succession planning
- AS9102 FAI project planning in support of fast paced on load of new & transferred work packages
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree. Engineering or Business Management preferred. Master’sDegree preferred.
- 10+ years of Manufacturing and Quality Assurance experience in Aerospace or other complex manufacturing industry with exacting/demanding requirements.
- AS9100 QMS knowledge and experience preferred.
- Possess a leadership style that is effective at influencing organizational cultural change.
- Demonstrated success at delivering superior business results through theeffective execution of the Quality Management System.
- A solid compliance and regulatory background, including the administration ofa Quality Management System.
- Possess Lean Manufacturing and / or Lean 6 Sigma skills and experience.
- Familiarity with advanced quality processes preferred, e.g. - PPAP/ APQP/PFMEA/8D or A3 problem solving.
- Overall knowledge, skills, and attributes reflecting: Leadership, StrategyDevelopment, Financial Acumen, Negotiation Skills, Organization Skills,Communication Skills, Team Work, Creativity, and Visionary Forward Thinking.
- Accomplished in building positive relationships with co-workers, suppliers and customers.