Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Diector of Quality Assurance to join the Server Technology Team in Reno, NV. The Director of Quality Assurance plans, organizes and directs Quality Assurance department activities to ensure quality standards are maintained. This position will coordinate all activities that have a direct or indirect effect on the quality of products produced and sold by the company. The Director of Quality Assurance directs and organizes the activities of the Quality and Quality Assurance departments to ensure that all assigned duties are performed according to the established departmental and company policies, procedures and goals. The Director of Quality Assurance manages staff in areas such as work scheduling, communications, employee relations, performance counseling and performance reviews.
What Will You Do?
- Directly responsible for the development, updating, and control of the Quality Management System.
- Ensure that new and revised customer and regulatory quality requirements are incorporated within the system as required and followed.
- Responsible for the proper communication of the Quality Management System changes, including but not limited to training personnel on new or revised requirements or systems.
- Direct the activities of the Quality Assurance team. Provides technical expertise and guidance regarding day to day activities and quality initiatives.
- Coordinate with management to initiate actions necessary to ensure that customer, statutory and regulatory requirements are fulfilled.
- Monitor competency and organization of employees whose activities affect product quality with in the organization.
- Ensure the quality, clarity, accuracy, and control of Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering documents which govern the products being produced.
- Ensure that procedures used in the purchasing of materials, supplies, and services related to product quality comply with company and contractual requirements.
- Maintain the metrics and manages supplier and vendor performance as established in the Quality Management System and best practices.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating resolution of quality concerns and issues. Key focal and site leader of the management team during a quality crisis and deploys quality crisis tools to manage the incident.
- Prepare monthly department reports and implement procedures to obtain established efficiency and quality goals.
- Maintain compliance with all ISO regulations and procedures and oversee all ISO compliance audits.
- Assist in performing internal audits and implementing corrective action plans.
- Assist in performing supplier base audits, surveillance and qualifications.
- Maintain historical data of Corrective Actions for internal and external issues.
- Evaluate and recommend quality laboratory equipment upgrades and purchases.
- Respond to customer inquiries in regard to product quality inquiries.
- Lead root cause analysis and corrective action on product quality issues.
- Implements corporate wide Quality initiatives and provides monthly quality metrics to support overall operation success.
- Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment on daily tasks that facilitate customer fulfillment and business goals.
- Actively communicate business strategy and key results to manufacturing engineering staff. Facilitate regular staff/huddle meetings to promote open and regular communication.
- Participate in staff selection/interview process. Recruits, hires, train and evaluates staff.
- Supervise and provide support and direction to staff. Resolve personnel issues and support team building with positive and open communication.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University with emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years manufacturing experience and a minimum of 3 years managing a work team.
- Project management skills including planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Ability to apply cost/benefits analysis to requested projects.
- Proven experience in purchasing/planning infrastructure, strategic planning, and policy development.
- Prior experience in managing a staff (supervise, train, coach, develop, motivate, interview, hire, terminate) and lead by example.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide information across multiple groups in the Company including Engineering, Marketing, and Sales.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently.
- This position requires up to 25% of travel. Some travelinternational.
- Familiarity of ISO 9000 standards and audit process.