Director of Quality Assurance
Less than 5 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
My client is a Chinese major and small appliance manufacture with a US subsidiary in Ridgefield Park, NJ. This subsidiary just started operating in June 2017. This is a "ground floor" opportunity.
The Successful candidate will have a background in Quality related positions within the major home and/or small appliance industries. Travel requirements will be up to 40% with most of it in China. My client would prefer to hire a full time (W-2) employee, but may consider hiring a full time (1099) consultant.
Ridgefield Park, NJ
The Director, Quality Assurance will report to the President, Americas
We are seeking a Director of Quality Assurance that will lead, manage and evaluate all facets of the client's Home Appliance Products Customer Satisfaction Operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee quality data, identify product failure reasons / symptoms and the reporting of findings and trends.
· Diagnosis product samples (Pre-and post-production) for potential quality issues and Government Regulation specifications.
· Identify Root Cause quality issues and recommend remedy action plans.
· Create and provide repair and testing procedures to the service network.
· Responsible for all quality improvement activities and communication to the manufacturing divisions.
· Oversee the process of resolving and providing resolutions to external party issues.
· Collaborate with the Manufacturing, Sales and Third-Party Call Center to improve quality and overall Customer Satisfaction.
· Primary contact to FDA, CPSC and third-party testing labs.
· Collaborate with the parent company's Group Design/ Engineering and QC teams to implement quality improvement processes and targets to support customer needs.
· Review/ Implement an analytical Customer Care Call Center program to understand customer needs and product improvements leading to higher customer satisfaction.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineeringpreferred
· 7 (+/-) years’ experience in Home Appliance QA/Service
· Experience in Home Appliance Manufacturing
· Experience in service network management a plus
· Demonstrated experience in business support and development
· Ability to Speak/ Understand Chinese a plus