The Quality Director is responsible for developing, implementing and managing worldwide quality vision, strategies, policies, processes and systems to aid and improve business performance. Leads and develops team of high performance quality professionals, ensuring a proactive culture, that deliver results by supporting solutions and customer loyalty. This individual will work closely with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure health, safety and environmental issues are prioritized, drive continuous improvement across all quality-related areas.
- Leads and is ultimately responsible for Quality activities throughout the organization. Drives all quality systems and quality assurance, leading strategic process improvements and ensuring that projects are implemented in a timely manner and are sustained by the organization along with culture change and improvement in business performance to deliver strategic goals.
- Identifies and implements quality key and strategic performance indicators globally to assess performance against standards required; presents this data regularly to the senior management team and implements any resulting corrective action plans driving robust and effective RCCA across the organization.
- Actively leads the reduction of Customer PPMs (Parts Per Million), Warranty, Cost of Quality and factory scrap and yield. Works to prevent non-conformances, customer complaints, concession and rework alongside Manufacturing/ Engineering and Operations to develop corrective and preventative actions within required time-frame
- Assists in Lean implementation and continuous improvement activities throughout the business ensuring that problems are prevented and that customer requirements are met with any problems resolved effectively and economically
- Develops the Quality Management System, updating procedures and training team members where required
- Provide leadership to coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Coordinate with engineering to ensure repeatable manufacture of product through robust manufacturing processes while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving cost targets in a timely fashion.
- Implements quality assurance policies and systems to ensure the continuous improvement of design, production and administrative practices.
- Works closely with all functions and process leaders to balance priorities, manage quality resources, drives improvements and to maintain consistency within all areas of the company.
- Ensures global internal and external quality auditing occurs as well as subcontractor assessment and audit to minimize non-value added activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years quality experience, with a minimum of 5 years of experience leading a team.
- ISO/IATF and AS9100Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines with sense of urgency and high degree of accountability
- Considerable and diverse demonstrable experience of leading a quality function with a proven track record in strategic quality leadership delivering effective quality strategies, policies, processes and systems
- Ability to effectively work and communicate in a matrix organization and bring numerous groups (sales, operations, logistics) together to execute business strategies
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Lean Certification
- Multiple plants