Director Of Quality Assurance
As the leader in business and industry dining, Eurest is the company to join if you want a rewarding career packed with limitless opportunities. We feed the employees of the nation's largest and most-prestigious companies -- in every state and across all industries. As a member of Eurest's leadership and professional support team, you will help our 16,000 chefs, and in-unit associates excel as they deliver world-class meals in corporate cafes and executive dining rooms with on-site catering through vending innovations and more.
Our company is innovative, high performing and fast growing. Our teammates are enthusiastic, committed to quality and thrive on consistently delivering unparalleled results. And did we mention we work with exciting companies and at interesting locations?
Come grow your career with Eurest.
Direct responsibility for the overall foodservice safety in a corporate dining account. Personally accountable for the overall food safety behaviors of the account. Operates the department in accordance with the approved Quality Assurance standards, while providing the Client with a safety first facility. Ensures that the food and service offered to the client, customers, and employees of the operation is of superior safety. Directs and conducts safety and sanitation maintenance programs. Maintains excellent relationships with employees, guests and Client as well as other departments within the operation. Promotes the professional growth and development of the entire team. In addition, foster strong inter-departmental relations and integrate the dining service department with the facility safety program.
- Responsible for promoting, enforcing, maintaining and verifying quality assurance reporting standards in accordance with Industry and Compass standards.
- Responsible for directing QA training for foodhandling associates
- Liaise with client, senior management and unit managers and chefs on all Quality Assurance issues.
These include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform unit level Quality Sanitation Audits on a monthly basis.
- Provide written feedback to unit managers & chefs regarding non-compliances observations during Quality Audits
- Work with managers to find solutions to QA challenges and crisis
- Initiate weekly meeting the Manager and Chefs dedicated to Quality Assurance
- Participate in BOH inspections, as appropriate
- Participate in external Audits, as appropriate
- Assist management in development of corrective action plans that include preventative measures
- Work with Managers and Chefs to ensure all corrective /preventative action is effective and sustained.
- Work with Managers and Chefs on continual improvement
- Train associates on all QA policies and procedures and maintain accurate records
- Verify that the QA system is effective and make changes as necessary
- Work with managers to reduce violations and repeat violations
- Continually verify competency of associates
- Produce quarterly QA reporting detailing trends and compliance
- Work closely with local Health Department on changes to policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science (e.g. food science, food technology, environmental science, nutrition/dietetics) with a minimum of two years employment comprised of one year in food protection and one year in foodservice or retail food operations, with responsibilities including oversight and monitoring of proper food safety practices; OR an Associate’s Degree in science (e.g. food science, food technology, environmental science, nutrition/dietetics) with a minimum of four years employment comprised of one year in food protection and three years in foodservice or retail food operations, with responsibilities including oversight and monitoring of proper food safety practices.
- Certified in ServSafe and HACCP. Understanding of FDA Food Code and local Department of Health Regulations.
- Minimum of CP-FS credential.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
- Proficient in Outlook and other Office programs
- Able to train associates and managers on all Food Safety practices including ServSafe, HACCP, Allergen, Sanitation from prepared materials.
- Ability to promote continual improvement and lead by example and promote Best Practices
Job ID: JML09291781575