Director of Quality Assurance
Direct the quality assurance and food safety efforts for Bunge North America. These efforts should protect the company’s goodwill, reduce product liability and promote value addition in terms of product quality and safety.
• Manage a team of professionals within the Bunge North America (BNA) Corporate QA department to carry out the duties needed to ensure we produce safe, products which meet customer specifications.
• Develop, maintain and promote a quality management system QMS (Policy and Procedure) for the Bunge North America manufacturing units that includes components that collectively assure the safety and quality of our products.
• Review/approve contract manufacturing situations required by Bunge North America. Included in this duty is approval of the outside services, the quality systems and quality reporting needs.
• Perform internal routine food/feed safety and quality system audits of Bunge North America manufacturing facilities. Identify product risk situations in manufacturing and direct efforts to reduce or remove, otherwise manage, the risk so that it does not threaten our business
• Stay current on product regulatory changes that may affect BNA’s business and assure quality system compliance.
• Capture improvement opportunities out of customer complaint data and promote corrective actions.
• Review product quality data feedback reports from manufacturing plants for trends or opportunities for improvements. Work with Manufacturing and Plant Quality to prioritize and complete these improvements.
• Communicate quality effort activity throughout pertinent parts of the Bunge organization to maintain awareness of the importance of product quality.
• Lead containment and corrective action efforts in the event of product safety occurrences to minimize company and customer exposure.
• Coordinate third-party audits of our manufacturing plant units as needed to satisfy commercial needs.
• Interface with customers as requested by the commercial teams.
• Model and cascade behaviors supporting BNA capabilities (Operational Excellence, People Management, Business Intelligence, Customer Satisfaction, Value Chain Integration and Risk Management).
• Communicate and model good business practices that support the company’s core values.
• Bachelor’s degree in sciences or relevant field required
• Master’s degree or MBA preferred
• 10-15 years quality assurance and food safety experience with at least 10 years of experience managing others required
• Experience with food safety regulations in the USA.
• Working knowledge of general work place safety
• Exceptional verbal, written, listening and presentation communication skills required
• Strong work ethic with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective business relationships
• Demonstrated skills in building and motivating teams
• Ability to travel 30-40%
• Spanish fluency a plus