The Director of Quality will be responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and improving a quality management system that meets or exceeds all requirements of the SQF (Safe Quality Food) global standard. This will include the modification/evolution of the existing QMS for AGCC. This role will also lead the continuous improvement efforts across AGCC using the methodologies of TQM, LEAN and Six Sigma. This role includes responsibility for glass container manufacturing facilities located across the US. It will also include direct supervisory responsibility for the quality managers at each facility.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implementation/successful certification of SQF for AGCC and all glass manufacturing facilities.
- Measuring and driving KPI’s that result in meeting or exceeding customer expectations regarding product quality and service.
- Work closely with the General Managers of each facility to manage product and service quality as a team.
- Chair and manage quality management reviews, manage and report business KPI’s to the Senior Leadership Team
- Lead and/or manage effective root cause investigations with action item timely completion.
- Work directly with customers to understand their needs/concerns and translate those into improvements at the plant level.
- Communicate with customers on a regular basis as needed.
- Working closely with the manufacturing facilities and across functions, implement effective continuous improvement methodologies across the business to improve safety, quality and cost.
4-yeardegree in Engineering with 8-10 years’ experience in CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods -food grade) preferred
5years’ experience in a supervisory position
5years’ experience in a Business Level Quality leadership role
Direct experience with implementing Corporate QMS (Quality Management System) required
Continuous improvement background preferred
Direct experience with managing/implementing SQF standards
Proficient in Microsoft office products
Travel is required – 50%