Overview of Position : A member of the upper-level management at Lyons Magnus, a food manufacturing company headquartered in Fresno, CA. The Director, Quality Assurance requires a deep understanding of food safety, product commercialization, quality, monitoring, recordkeeping, and any associated testing of food products.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Manage analytical Quality control, process control, raw material quality control, Microbiology and sanitation.
- Effectively manage food safety (HACCP) program and all associated pre-requisite programs.
- Ensure proper staffing in all these functional areas is correct by use of time motion analysis.
- Ensure appropriate staff is adequately trained in their area of expertise in order to provide appropriate coverage for the best efficiencies.
- Manage and monitor spending and budget in department. Effectively determine if any waste exists and put measures in place to eliminate.
- Process control and quality monitoring expert. Ensure process checks are done properly and at the correct frequency. This to also include statistical process control.
- Internal and external corrective action lead. If problem has been identified, determine root cause, corrective action steps and validate corrective action measures.
- Raw material expert. Ensure all testing and monitoring of incoming goods is adequately handled and tracked per written specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Main customer and corporate office technical contact
- Minimum 10 years experience in an industrial or applied research environment in the area of food science, technology, food processing, or new product development. Direct experience in food processing or formulation of fruit and cocoa based products considered a plus
- Demonstrated experience with the experimental design, execution and management of laboratory and Pilot Study trials, and data collection.
- Strong project management skills, interpersonal savvy, and perseverance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams, internally and externally (e.g. research institutes, representatives of processing and produce industries, suppliers, laboratories, etc.)
- Individual must have strong food processing skills and Quality Control background, experience in ingredient functionality, material selection, and formulation considered a plus
- Candidate must expertly plan and conduct trials, data collection, and interpret results to drive program and technical knowledge forward, developing robust action plans, risk assessments, and contingency planning.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills (pays attention to details and effort to understand causes instead of just the effects) and creativity for developing innovative solutions and applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong emphasis on technical presentations and reports.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects under short timelines to produce commercially viable solutions.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of B.S. Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field.
- Professional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Additional Information: Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain the very best people. Lyons Magnus offers a comprehensive benefits plan that include: Health, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Sec. 125, 401(k) plan, and more. If you meet these requirements and are eager to join a dynamic company poised for further growth, pleaserespond with your cover letter, and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years
- Food Industry: 6 years
- QA: 5 years