PRG is looking for a Director of Purchasing in one of our many locations throught out the USA!
New Windsor, NY/ Secaucus, NJ/Las Vegas, NV or Orlando, FL
The Director of Purchasing has responsibility to provide leadership to the Category Managers for delivering results in category/commodities company wide. In this role they will have direct oversight of the Purchasing Department to ensure the Company obtains the goods and services it needs at the best possible price. Additionally, in this role they will develop procurement strategies in order to acquire any materials needed for manufacturing and develop standards and guidelines for purchasing.
- Provide leadership to Category Managers in order to ensure that they deliver results in category/commodity area
- Contribute to development of enterprise-wide category strategy
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
- Own strategic sourcing efforts company wide
- Ensure Category Managers effectively develop RFIs and RFPs,
- Analyze supplier proposals, conduct supplier negotiations process and participate in development of supplier agreements and contracts – commodities that benefit from strategic sourcing
- Drive cost reduction initiatives with suppliers
- Work closely with Vice President of Purchasing to develop standards and guidelines of purchasing.
- Execute supplier performance management in accordance with standards and guidelines
- Provide input and coordination with relevant product teams (Assets and Repair parts)
- Represent company requirements too all categories;
- Adhere to best practices in conducting category work
- Interact with cross-functional team members
- Provide day-to-day project management of each category activities (e.g., commodity-level activities)
- Conduct performance evaluation and staff development activities with staff
- BA/BS in Business preferred or relevant experience.
- Senior procurement professional beginning to build purchasing track record
- Minimum 8 years purchasing experience (including strategic sourcing, category management and supplier management)
- Understanding of relevant products and category supply base
- Experience in conducting RFP process and negotiations
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively lead teams and manage change within organization
- Self-confident with good interpersonal skills
- Fusion experience preferred.