Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 41-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa, and Tucson.
Mattamy’s Mission: To Provide The Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values: Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
Company Culture: At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Director of Purchasing is responsible for the overall delivery of products/services in a timely, cost effective manner in conformance with company policies, procedures and budgets.
- Control, develop and produce approved budgets and proformas with input from appropriate internal departments
- Negotiate and solicit the best price/value combination from suppliers and trade contractors; analyze cost comparisons and differences in products and services on long term/short term contract agreements, while ensuring the correct amount of product or service is received at the appropriate time
- Participate in review, development and analysis of scopes of work aimed at quality control and standardization of equipment, materials, supplies and services. Conduct analysis of drawings for value engineering opportunities and pricing thereof
- Study existing or new design drawings and keep abreast of changes impacting supply of materials in order to reassess budgets and amend forecasts
- Develop and qualify new subcontractors/suppliers while maintaining and monitoring existing ones
- Act as liaison between subcontractors, construction, marketing, sales, customer service and land departments. Address and resolve issues involving trades and/or builders, as needed
- Continually search for new products, materials and processes that will better suit our customers
- Prepare quantity take-offs from working or design drawings for budgeting or bid purposes
- Participate in site visits and work with construction team members in order to check performance of trades against scope of work/contract
- Product Development Lead coordinating with corporate architecture and the Division
- Performs other duties as requested, in support of the overall operation of the Division
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with preferred majors including Construction Management, Architecture Management, and Construction Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the residential construction industry, estimating and purchasing.
- Knowledge of all aspects of shell construction
- Experience reading engineering and structural detail on floorplans required
- Field experience preferred (as builder, trade or relevant position)
- Solid understanding of generally accepted purchasing principles and practices
- Prior experience in preparing and analyzing budgets
- Working knowledge of house building and construction material purchasing.
- Experience with JDE and Build-Pro/Supply-Pro (Hyphen Solutions) knowledge an asset
- Proficiency in Excel and data management knowledge an asset
- Excellent communication (Written and verbal) and negotiating skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills with the ability to analyze, look for trends and superior estimating skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
- Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over
- Exhibit good judgement and decision-making skills
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy Way of helping our customers transform their home ownership dreams into reality all while providing The Best Homeowner Experience. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve received external recognition as well:
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2019 & 2020
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2018 and 2017
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2016 & 2015
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning and an opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation, 1 week of Company Time Off plus 2 weeks of PTO
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.