Industry: Hospitality & Recreation•
Less than 5 years
Posted 61 days ago
Overview of Position
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will develop and oversee all aspects of the procurement and distribution of all hotel inventories, supplies and services.
The Director of Purchasing works closely with various departments in sourcing products, supplies, materials and equipment; negotiates the most cost-effective purchases according to the specifications; gives advices to department heads on new trend of products and supplies; manages inventory control to meet departments' needs; and supervises the operation and all colleagues in the Purchasing and Storeroom.
The Director of Purchasing will report directly to the Director of Finance. He/She supervises the Purchasing Manager.
1. Major responsibilities:
• Prepare and analyze proposals and determine appropriate elections of suppliers based on the company standards and expectations.
• Negotiate cost effective purchases for all supplies and services, while meeting all MOHG guidelines and quality specifications.
• Examine and review proposed products and services to determine compliance with departmental specifications or standards, suggest substitute items when beneficial.
• Analyze market conditions in relation to recent, current and anticipated purchases.
• Review of vendor/contractor history to determine that they are capable of producing the goods and services required.
• Review the requests and specifications recommended by department heads to determine whether quality level described is appropriate for intended use and whether specifications are cost effective.
• Standardize items in common use to eliminate unnecessary variations/features and lower costs through bulk purchasing.
• Analyze trade journals, catalogues, directories and other technical material with respect to market and price conditions.
• Initiate and implement research of new products and technologies to reduce procurement costs and to improve the quality of goods and services purchased.
• Conduct monthly/quarterly inventories.
• Review stock inventory levels and purchase patterns to maximize purchase dollars.
• Update and maintain Adaco purchasing system. This would include proper maintenance of all products, users and review processes.
• Prepare necessary purchasing documents in accordance with procurement requirements using Adaco software.
• Check and approve purchase orders prior to review by Director of Finance and General Manager.
• Maintain library of resource materials.
• Prepare/Update all records, log books, journals, involving purchasing standards and procedures.
• Provide accounting staff with required approved documentation, so that procurement of materials and services may be placed, shipped, and paid in a timely fashion.
3. General management:
• Develop specific departmental goals and plans.
• Communicate departmental status to Director of Finance on a determined periodical basis.
• Promote and maintain effective communication and interactions with all departments.
• Prepare and distribute all departmental reports.
• Continually strive to create a more professional, effective, and productive department.
4. Human Resources responsibilities:
• Establish reviews of Purchasing Manager for effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance with established rules and regulations.
• Maintain and review personnel files.
• Education Qualification: College Degree
• Years of Experience: Minimum of 3 years in Hospitality Purchasing
• Industry Experience: Complete knowledge and understanding of the Hospitality industry, purchasing policies and procedures
• Computer literate
• Organized, detailed oriented, able to make productive and efficient decisions.
• Communicate effectively and clearly.
• Good negotiation and analytical skills.