Summary of Position Requirements:
The primary responsibility is to manage the operations of the Purchasing Department. This includes ensuring that policies and procedures are in place and followed and that any changes or updates are communicated to all departments quickly and effectively. The Director of Purchasing must keep up with the changing needs of the division and facilitate changes so the department can provide the best possible service to the division.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Lennar has only the best trade partners in order to meet its manufacturing needs
- Ensure Lennar’s trade partners are continuously improving in the areas of quality, cost, service and delivery performance
- Collect bids and negotiate terms with trade partners for their services.
- Train, advise, assist, and manage activities of purchasing department.
- Understand the material supply chains of specific spend categories, and implement material sourcing strategies to optimize the flow through the chain
- Proactively communicate with all applicable associates within division
- Benchmark industry sourcing and supply management best practices
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry for the specific major category being sourced
- Facilitate value engineering sessions with trade partners and associates
- Develop, maintain and use should-cost models for specific spend categories and related construction services
- Analyze plans for cost reduction recommendations and research cost of proposed design ideas
- Own the responsibility for improving the division’s cost per sq foot
- Negotiate and question pricing and legitimacy of EPO’s
- Review all extra EPO’s to verify within accordance of approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise
- Identify areas and trends in extra EPO’s to prevent and to reduce costs
- Rationalize the trade partner base to the best of the best
- Ensure continuity of supply and labor to the division’s communities
- Review plan, create/revise budgets for multiple new and ongoing communities
- Review plans, takeoffs and budgets for new communities and resolve possible issues before the community or plan starts. Manage plan sets.
- Prepare contracting packages (i.e. Trade partner Base Agreements, Scopes of Work, Insurance Requirements, Specifications, etc.)
- Audit Net Plus item installation in the field.
- Review and enter site condition reports prior to budget creation.
- Track and follow up as necessary to collect local/regional rebates.
- Complete and submit quarterly corporate reports in order to obtain the Net Plus rebates.
- Maintain current files on all contract information, including the creation of community books.
- Manage selection rooms within communities to ensure proper products are shown and are presentable for customers.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required; College preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record and auto insurance coverage
- Minimum of 5 years of residential construction and/or architectural design experience.
- Computer literate with the ability to work with JD Edwards, Auto CAD, Build Pro/Supply Pro, and Excel preferred.
- Full understanding of residential construction and architectural design.
- Professionally perform multiple, detail oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Good writing and extremely good organization skills.
- Possess strong work ethic, integrity, and loyalty.
- Team Player with ability to work well under pressure.