Our Unruly brand is looking for a Director of Publisher Development to join our New York team. This ideal person is an experienced, enthusiastic, and well-connected media guru who can lead our efforts in working with media partners and publishers.
The business development team is central to many functions within the company and you will work with cross-functional teams, including sales, operations, marketing, and product development to name a few.
You are a creative problem-solver, who understands any immediate business challenges and solve them with cross-functional teams. You have a natural curiosity of what's next in the industry, you bring new product ideas and concepts with appropriate business cases built to help grow our business.
Day to Day:
Our business development team is responsible for all direct publisher supply across the company. This supply enables us to fulfill campaigns sold by our demand team across all device types and provides us with a differentiated and unique supply story that helps drive sales through our programmatic marketplace.
You'll be responsible for prospecting and onboarding premier publisher relationships that leverage our supply-side product suite, in line with the company needs.
- Formulate our overall approach with publishers and then execute your strategy flawlessly
- You will be well-connected with senior leaders of major publishing and media companies in the US market
- Be an expert in the digital media landscape, understanding the current and future challenges publishers face and create innovative solutions to help solve them
- You will have strong expertise on general market conditions per key content vertical, including knowing key an understanding of market pricing dynamics
- You will have a strong grasp of programmatic advertising, especially in the video space, and ideally be able to easily explain various industry acronyms such as DSP, SSP, DMP, and IVT
- You will be seen as a leader in the industry, often providing insights and leading high-level discussions with media executives, while honing in on immediate business opportunities to accelerate Unruly's US business
- You will lead a team of account managers, business development executives, and business development product managers to help grow our media footprint
- You will be analytical in your approach, building potential deal structures create optimal offers to publishers
- Recognize opportunities with various websites and applications
- Work with the operation and demand facilitation teams to identify supply requirements and opportunities
- Negotiate publisher agreements, including rates and payment terms
- Communicate industry expertise and advise clients on new opportunities and how to generate revenue results
Who You Are:
- Bachelor degree in B.A or relevant field
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in digital sales or business development
- Extensive knowledge of the programmatic and ad tech space, video preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Adaptability and eagerness to learn new products and technology
- Existing relationships with digital publishers
- Strong knowledge of CTV and In-Mobile Applications