Position Overview Director, Public Relations
Reporting to the SVP of Global Corporate Communications, the Director of Public Relations will have a proven track record of working with c-level executives to raise their visibility internally and externally. Experience with creating thought leadership, thought leadership platform development, strong media relations, messaging and positioning that has contributed to a changed perception in the market is required. The ideal candidate is extremely results driven, customer focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at building internal relationships and external partnerships.
• Lead development and implementation of corporate messaging and positioning across key initiatives
• Collaborate with marketing, public relations, communications and social media teams on
Thought leadership/PoVs and topics of interest.
• Development and implementation of executive platforms, messaging and positioning.
• Develop holistic influencer strategies to support key innovations and market imperatives for the business.
• Working as part of an integrated marketing team –product, channel, corporate and field marketing organizations
to execute awareness campaigns and programs to build on Fortinet’s technology vision, market position and
thought leadership in enterprise cybersecurity.
• Manage influencer relationships (trade, business media; social influencers) in cybersecurity.
• Work with product marketing team to develop market-relevant stories, the right content, vehicles and
channels to drive strategic programs.
• Manage day-to-day PR agency activities that support the business group and collaborate with peers in PR, AR, exec communications and social media to maximize content and drive additional awareness opportunities.
• Support thought leadership programs in cloud, IoT and OT cybersecurity.
• Create compelling communications strategies, messages and stories that will resonate with press and customers
and deliver measurable results. Desired Skills and Background
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills
• Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in media relations and product/solutions communications with some
• experience in networking, cybersecurity, enterprise hardware or software technologies
• Established relationships with networking, data center and enterprise networking and cybersecurity influencers
• (traditional media, social media).
• Solid understanding of key industry trends and issues in networking, cybersecurity, data centers, and cloud
• Demonstrated ability to establish thought leadership and raise share-of-voice among media and awareness
• Demonstrated ability to devise and execute communications programs with ecosystem partners.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ease at influencing and executing in a matrix organization at all levels.
• Ability to translate complex technology into compelling stories that reflect customer reality.
• Superior written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to simplify complex concepts and create compelling stories.
• Proactive, self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
• Attention to detail, high-energy and ability to be successful in a dynamic working environment and to work
under pressure (i.e. crisis communications and competitive response situations).
• Creativity, accountability, discipline and integrity.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism, English or related field required.