Director of Public Relations and Marketing
Why Join Parsons?
Parsons provides complex, solution-oriented services for the defense, intelligence, security, and smart cities markets. Our purpose is to Deliver a Better World. We do this with digitally-enabled defense, security and infrastructure solutions. These solutions respond to opportunities created by disruptive technology, expanding global population, urbanization, aging infrastructure and security challenges.
It's an exciting time for Parsons as we transform from an engineering firm to a technology company. We are looking for someone who can communicate the excitement of this transformation through public relations, marketing and social mediachannels. With technological advances and opportunities facing our business, Parsons is focused on enhancing our existing business, extending our business into new markets, and transforming our company into an industry-leading digitally enabled solutions firm.
Through acquisitions, Parsons has added a multitude of advanced technologies and capabilities applicable to our core market space, giving us a stronger presence in cybersecurity, defense, and smart cities.
Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering, Technical Services, and Cyber Security. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. This is an opportunity to use your expertise to move an organization to the forefront of technology.
About the role:
We are looking for a Director of Public Relations and Marketing to play a key role in helping us brand and market our organization. This individual will be a leader in communicating Parsons transformation to external audiences and will work directly with the Chief Marketing Officer to leverage and enhance the organization's marketing and communication efforts. The successful candidate will help create and shape a new vision for our 74-year-old organization.
This role partners closely with the Internal Communications team and related business unit communications teams to provide stakeholder guidance and co-create marketing, communication strategies, and engagement approaches for the organization.
While Charlotte, NC is highly preferred for the location of this position, one of our DC Metro area offices can be an option for the right candidate.
· Develop a Marketing Program, including Public Relations (PR) and external social media
· Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our customers, and key stakeholders.
· Responsible for building mutually beneficial relationships internally and externally with media and other stakeholders to advance the reputation of Parsons.
· Develop the image and reputation of the company in the media and in all audiences.
· Develop and execute marketing communications strategies and media campaigns to support company's business objectives.
· Plan, develop and execute Public Relations and media tactics on a daily and sustained basis.
· 15+ years of experience in marketing
· 4-yeardegree in Marketing and/or PR, Communications, English, Journalism or related field
· Must have proven branding and marketing experience
· Experience working for a Federal Contractor or knowledge of the Federal market
· Strong understanding of social media and experience driving information through digitalchannels
· Proven results in developing messaging and Public Relations strategies and tactics, press releases, and managing daily media contacts to drive business leads and strategies
· Experience developing and delivering a successful external Marketing Program.
· Experience in working with a company going though transformation preferred.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding, and fun work experience. Join us and become part of an enthusiastic, responsible team that comprises talented professionals who use their energy, innovation, and dedication to deliver vital infrastructure and services to our clients and communities. We provide competitive compensation packages, attractive benefits, and great careers. Parsons is an equal-opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.