Exciting Strategic Leader position available!
Construction and Facilities management of large property with a wide variety of projects and buildings.
Areas of Responsibility:
Construction and Project Services (design and construction) for SMSC and SMSC Gaming Enterprise (GE), Facility Maintenance, HVAC and plumbing systems, Building Automation, Facility Equipment, Electrical Systems, and Environmental Services teams.
Directly responsible for the strategy, management, and performance of property operations for the SMSC GE, including: new construction and remodeling, engineering management, maintenance, utilities management (gas, electric and water), property management of a 1,700,000 square foot of facilities, project management, environmental services and supporting sustainability initiatives. Facilitates and directs facility capital planning and deployment for SMSC and SMSC GE, including requirements for existing and future operations, cost projections, design, construction and project scope. Provides management, leadership and coordination of expansion and remodeling activities.
Develops department operational expense budget. Controls expenditures against the department budget. In collaboration with all other departments supported by Project Services, develops and is responsible for overseeing capital budgets to maintain and improve facilities and equipment, including construction budgets that range from small projects to complex projects that encompass hundreds of thousands of square feet.
Direct responsibility to lead about 300 Team Members, including managers, shift managers, project managers, supervisors and non-exempt team members. Provides team leadership and coaching. Creates an environment oriented toward engagement, trust, open communication, creative thinking, problem solving and a collaborative team effort. Hire, coach and develop team members in alignment with SMSC GE purpose, vision and values. Lead by setting a good example where behavior is consistent with words. Assure that the team members have the necessary support, information and training to effectively contribute to the team. Focus the team on expectations to support objectives and stakeholders of the SMSC and SMSC GE.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of scope and specifications for capital projects for SMSC and SMSC GE that include project time frame, project budget, project quality, interdepartmental coordination and managing projects to their desired outcome.
- Plans, organizes, directs and oversees the daily operations of the maintenance, cleaning, and engineering functions for gaming enterprise facilities, including regular and preventative maintenance, work order prioritization and completion, staff allocations, negotiating best price value of goods and services, and budget monitoring.
- Evaluates facility and department needs to establish long term capital investment plans and budgets to meet the needs of SMSC and SMSC GE.
- Analyze, budgets and directs resource to meet the operating needs of assigned departments.
- Develops, implements and manages to enterprise and departmental goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for managing technical vendor relationships including, design, construction, civil, mechanical, structural, electrical, and utilities.
- Makes presentations on the status of current and future projects.
- Remains current on newest construction and maintenance practices, processes and materials using various continuing education methods.
- Works with Risk Management and Security on loss prevention initiatives, i.e., building inspections and safety meetings.
- Coordinates functions and service requests from other departments on special projects, i.e., New Year's Eve, Wacipi, and seasonal marketing initiatives.
Monday - Friday
Hiring Rate or Hiring Range
Based on qualifications
- This position requires a four year degree and 10+ years' experience in a combination of the following areas: Commercial Maintenance, Facility Operations, Facilities Management, Commercial Building Development of project(s) in excess of 100,000 sq ft, Construction Management.
- The position requires 8+ years progressive leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience of electrical, HVAC&R, mechanical systems, and preventive maintenance of such systems.
- Ability to read and understand commercial building, architectural, commercial HVAC, electrical, and plumbing design documents and specifications within CAD and/or Revit.
- Experience with cleaning methods for a large, high-traffic commercial facility.
- Progressive leadership responsibility in capital and operational expense budgeting, including construction accounting methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current building codes and safety standards.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, electronic mail software construction accounting software and preventive maintenance software.
- Valid driver's license required with a good driving record.
- A proven people leader with success building and leading high performing teams. Act as a leader of change and innovation across the business.
- Skilled in proactively assessing organizational performance and aligning solutions with strategic and cultural initiatives.
- Demonstrated success of strong relationship management and team building skills, with ability to influence leaders and team members at all levels within the greater organization. Experience with change management and rolling out small and large scale initiatives.
- Outstanding written, verbal, interpersonal, coaching and presentation skills with the ability to tailor messaging to the audience
- Strong collaborator who influences effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.