The Director of Project Management and AI&R is responsible for the following activities within the AO North America & LAN engineering organization:
- Responsible for the overall project management function, providing leadership, coordination and management of all project processes and functions.
- Serve as a conduit for communication between project managers and the business/facility mangers and stakeholders who make the strategic decisions for investments.
- Supervise the team that provides project management support functions and administrative support to project managers. Key responsibilities include: supporting project managers, facilitating approval for project management key performance metrics and managing/developing project management processes and financial controls.
- Responsible for high quality, safe, timely and cost effective project development, coordination, execution, commissioning and start-up services to all project locations.
- Assures that the lead capital projects are designed and built in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with the specifications and standards as well as all applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Oversee support for smaller site managed capital projects and other activities when deemed beneficial to operations.
- Directs the activities of consultants and contractors, conduct and assist with preliminary studies, participate in acquisition activities, participate in the development of corporate standards and processes, research information required for upgrading existing facilities and selecting new sites.
- Develop processes to improve consistency in project workflow, progression and completion. This includes the following:
- Project Definition – Define and prepare project scopes, cost estimates and design strategy.
- Project Development – Prepare bid packages, evaluate and award contracts, procure equipment and instrumentation and develop implementation schedules and cash flow forecasts.
- Project Execution – Manage construction and contracts, monitor safety and direct environmentally sound construction practices, coordinate inspection services for quality and accurate workmanship, prepare and update construction schedules, forecast spending and coordinate commissioning and start-up activities.
- Project Closeout – Supervise quality control, assist with operator training, provide project documentation and coordinate final construction and audit activities.
- Financial Responsibilities – Prepare and maintain capital project budgets, track and forecast costs and expenditures, maintain cost control records and manage internal engineering work hours.
AI&R (Asset Integrity and Reliability)
- Leads the systematic implementation of activities necessary to ensure that equipment will be suitable for its intended application throughout its life.
- Directs the process of ensuring equipment is fabricated from the proper materials of construction, receives the correct quality assurance testing, is properly installed, maintained, checked for deterioration and replaced to prevent failures and accidental releases.
- Spearheads the effort to ensure high availability or dependability of critical safety and utility systems that prevent or mitigate risk to personnel, the business or our communities.
- Provides guidelines to facilities for equipment inspection, testing, mechanical integrity determination of equipment and other technical services that relate to asset integrity and reliability.
- Develop programs to increase efficiency in equipment procurement, maintenance and foresight to mitigate failures.
- Should be experienced in procurement, maintenance and repair of various equipment used in the chemical process industry.
Who we are looking for
- BS in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical) or Materials Science
- Capital project management experience with multi-million dollar projects
- Background in completing projects on time and within budget
- International experience preferred
- 15+ years of work experience and 3-5 years in a managerial capacity
- Thorough understanding of mechanical integrity in the fabrication and maintenance of equipment and process safety