Who we are:
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
The Director of Project Implementation within our Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for overall project management function, providing leadership, integration, and management of PMO processes and functions to improve the consistency and efficiency of BusPatrol’s implementation project delivery.
The Director of Project Implementation oversees the execution and completion of new customer implementation projects in the Professional Services and Installation Services arenas. Manages people who lead projects supporting the company-client relationship, ensuring client satisfaction, quality delivery, and meeting project deliverable commitments. Provides budget analysis, labor planning, and coordination of activities between client and company personnel. Develops and manages key performance indicators to monitor Professional and Installation services performance, project completion from initiation through delivery to meet revenue and cost projections. Oversees performance of the installation and client acceptance of capitalized equipment, enterprise software systems, or system integration projects or engagements. Typically utilizes management skills more than technical skills. Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing solutions to clients. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
What we need you to do:
- Delivery - Oversees portfolio of programs and projects delivering on all program/project commitments from concept to completion. Responsible for project scope, schedule and budget. Ensures projects are completed according to the agreed upon plan. Ensures that projects remain on schedule and within budget. Manages overall PMO / Project Management organization financials and project profitability including resource scheduling, revenue forecasting per project, billing reconciliations, expense reports and time approval for project work, etc. Exercises risk and issue management.
- Process/Tools - Develops, maintains and enforces program and project management methodologies, standards, governance, and tools in order to achieve operational and project quality goals.
- KPIs - Responsible for setting clear objectives, KPIs for the projects and clearly communicating results to executive management on a regular cadence. (examples include project/portfolio financials, utilization, contract management and implementation status)
- Sales - Collaborates with Business Development team in pre-sales activities such as project sizing, cost estimates, bid reviews and contract reviews.
- Reporting - Delivering overall messaging of status/issues to key internal/ external partners and clients. Ensure management of project/account dashboards; execution QA report; top project/account risks & issues
- Staffing - Manages and recommends allocation and integration of project resources to meet commitments and objectives; optimizes resource/practice billable utilization; forecasts resource/skill supply/demand.
- Professional Development - Through hiring and training, improve overall project/program management skills and experience.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years functional experience or equivalent experience
- 5+ years leading a Project Office organization with profit and loss responsibility preferably in an equipment manufacturer or tech company
- 10+ years of project and portfolio management experience preferably in equipment installation and customer implementation across multiple geographic locations
- Experience in process development and project management principles leading to improved outcomes
- Strong business acumen and organization leadership skills; assertive and diplomatic; self-directing; able to manage up and down the organization with influence
- Strong project management experience and skills, ability to prioritize activities and work on multiple activities / priorities at once.
- Project Management application/Excel/PowerPoint Proficiency.
- Proven experience in achieving operational excellence and developing end-to-end procedures with a keen ability to identify improvement opportunities and implement change.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, presentation, and listening skills; ability to articulate the big picture.
- Dynamic problem solver, solid analytical skills, comfortable challenging assumptions and offering solutions/making decisions with currently available information
- Ability to achieve goals through influencing, partnering and developing productive relationships with leadership across the business and vendor relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues to clients, executive leadership and all employee levels
- Proven track record managing teams and implementing innovative strategies and programs
- Possess strong consulting skills and the ability to quickly assess situations, identify gaps and possible solutions
- Demonstrated business acumen for managing geographically and culturally diverse staff
- Have a passion for client success by ensuring that teams are responsive, following through on commitments, and constantly challenging teams to do better
- Not averse to rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty
- Whatever it takes to get the job done mentality
- Must be results oriented and think and act like an owner with an adaptive, entrepreneurial spirit
- Up to 50% travel required
Nice to haves:
- Project Management Professional (PMP®), ACP, CSM or equivalent certification
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, Project Management, or associated degree path.
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt
- Experience using the Wrike project management application and Confluence.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits package
We are looking for critical members of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidates. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.