- This position will identify potential client and project targets within the Science and Academic markets in the Midwest and Northeast.
- Explore and develop a variety of lead sources for potential targets and develop strategies to cultivate targets.
- Qualify the client and project lead, while working with the appropriate practice leader at Flad, and determine if the client and their potential project align with Flad’s strategic positioning.
- With the Science Principal and National Director of Marketing and Strategy’s input, coordinate the go/no-go decision making and capture planning process.
- When needed, assist with the development of strategy for project proposals and interviews. This role will stay actively involved in the pursuit from inception through project selection, including oversight and participation in RFP responses when necessary.
- Investigate and establish partnering opportunities with other professional organizations. Develop and maintain contacts with appropriate architectural, engineering, and construction teammates, and subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with marketing to promote projects, articles, materials and staff.
- Participate at approved industry trade shows, seminars and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field required; Master’s degreepreferred.
- Seven years relevant business development experiencerequired.
- Knowledge of architecture, engineering, and/or construction field preferred.
- Proficient in Cosential or other contact management software and MS Office required.
- Proven experience in targeting and cultivating leads for professional service resulting in winning new work.
- Successful experience in networking and developing leads with clients and team members.
- Ability to travel.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.