Cubic Mission and Performance SolutionsCompany Details:
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.Job Details:
Job Summary: Responsible for the successful execution of all programs within an assigned business area. Leads and assists Program Managers to ensure that contractual obligations are met within assigned budget and schedule. Responsible for assigned business area financial success and growth strategy. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that programs are managed in accordance with the contract and Cubic policies, procedures and department instructions.
- Leads implementation of the Operating and Strategic Plans in the business area.
- Meets financial goals and objectives (sales, operating profit, return on net assets, cash).
- Supports Business Development Bookings Forecast.
- Develops and implements Business Area Growth Strategy in partnership with Business Development.
- Develops product evolution plans in cooperation with and Engineering. Supports independent research and development (IR&D) plans and acquisition of related contract research and development (CRAD).
- Directs program financial management to ensure that profit is earned and cash is collected.
- Reviews earned value measurements of program plans versus actual achievements, schedules and costs.
- Grows business area in a profitable manner.
- Leads the management, program, and cost aspects of proposals.
- Hires, trains and supports Program Managers to ensure successful program execution.
- Effectively manages programs within project and matrix organizations.
- Ensures contracts are met in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensures that programs perform in accordance with earned value methodology
- Provides senior customer interface on existing contracts.
- Directs leadership across multiple programs to increase Program Manager effectiveness in the following disciplines: engineering, operations (procurement, subcontracting, and manufacturing), quality assurance, configuration management, logistics, contract administration, standard business practices, finance, and the function of programs within a portfolio, including the balance between program, business area, and company priorities.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four year college degree, or equivalent in electronic, software or mechanical engineering or related technical discipline, plus twelve years of related technical or engineering experience including twelve years of project engineering/management, program management or other supervisory responsibility on high risk and/or high value programs. Five years leading a portfolio of programs is desirable. PMP required, advanced engineering degree or MBA is desirable. Proven ability to lead cross-functional program teams. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, make presentations and conduct negotiations with customers, subcontractors and suppliers. Requires knowledge of government procurement, contracting, and standards and specifications. Advanced leadership and analytical skills to organize, plan and direct a portfolio of programs. Effective interpersonal skills to interact in sensitive and/or complex situations. Ability to make comprehensive and coherent presentations before groups of senior executives, including governmental agencies.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.