BAE Systems, Inc is currently recruiting for a Director of Programs to join the San Diego Ship Repair leadership team. In this role, you will be responsible for the strategy and management of Navy and commercial programs. The position reports to the Senior Director of Programs.
Main roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Required Skills and Education
- For assigned programs, projects and personnel, executes strategies, policies, practices, and programs that leverage the corporation's skills, capabilities, and experience for government and commercial customers in support of business objectives.
- Establishes and clearly communicates program vision for assigned projects, ensuring the consistent required level of program Safety, Cost, Schedule, and Quality adherence, and operating within Government defined standards items.
- Leads and manages assigned Project Managers, Ship Superintendents, and Planning Department (Planning, scheduling, document control, etc.) in the planning and execution of designated programs and projects.
- Works with and integrates support matrix functions (Procurement, Contracts, Finance, Operations, etc.) to achieve business goals.
- Conducts regular reviews of program performance through measurement to ensure program objectives are met, including budget and time constraints. Maintains and complies with BAE Systems Life Cycle Maintenance (LCM) process.
- Participates in contract negotiation and changes; coordinates preparation of proposals, business plans, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of the contract.
- Manages program financials in accordance with BAE Systems policies and standards.
- Meets and engages with clients and stakeholders to establish relationships, understand requirements, and communicate accomplishments or issues. Ensures collaboration between program and stakeholders.
- Monitors, controls, and communicates project budget, staffing, schedule, and performance status; prepares status reports; effectively manages program and project scope.
- Identifies and assesses project risks and issues, and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Interprets and recommends modifications to company-wide policies and practices.
- Defines objectives in collaboration with senior management and assesses results from relatively long-term perspective.
14+ Years' experience with Navy Maintenance and repair with AA
12+ Years' experience with Navy Maintenance and repair with BS
10+ Years' experience with Navy Maintenance and repair with MS
May substitute equivalent experience, training and/or certification for the degree plus relevant experience in job-related work, which provides the necessary knowledge, skill and abilities to perform the role for the position.
Experience managing complex projects and systems, which require systems integration, operation and maintenance.
Strong leadership, negotiation, effective problem solving, and organizational skills.
Experience managing diverse teams comprised of personnel from multiple companies and functional areas.About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.