BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web. At BuzzFeed, we foster a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work with fun. We offer competitive compensation and benefit - not to mention a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
BuzzFeed is looking for a Director of Programmatic Sales to manage our new efforts in the programmatic advertising space. This leader will be responsible for overseeing the performance of programmatic inventory across our owned and operated properties. This is truly a “hands-on” role with the opportunity to be a thought leader in this area and drive BuzzFeed’s programmatic strategy. This director will work with internal stakeholders, external clients, agencies, and trading desks to establish goals and focus on fully monetizing BuzzFeed's programmatic offerings.
- Create and implement a PMP strategy and client offerings that covers the full range of our audience and inventory capabilities for our recently launched programmatic offering.
- Manage all 3rd party relationships with agencies, advertisers, trading desks, DSPs, and SSPs.
- Work with account leads to provide guidance in the creation, implementation, and servicing of private marketplace deals.
- Plan, prepare, and execute client meetings at all levels.
- Provide strategic support to the tech and ad operations organizations to maximize revenue potential and drive operational efficiency.
- Strategize with internal teams to improve yield and inventory management processes and analysis.
- Develop and provide accurate revenue visibility across all programmatic revenue on a frequent basis.
- Monitor and manage campaigns to extend/grow partnerships and maximize revenue.
- Serve as our expert and evangelist on key programmatic business trends, best practices, and ad technologies.
- 8+years of digital media experience with at least 5 years of direct experience in the programmatic media ecosystem (including exchanges, ad networks, DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, trading desks, 1st and 3rd party data, etc) with strong agency and advertiser relationships.
- Deep understanding of the online advertising ecosystem including audience targeting/retargeting, the programmatic landscape, and different media types (display, video, mobile, CTV, social, rich media & native media).
- Data-driven approach and understanding of programmatic ad campaign metrics and analysis.
- Understanding of the technology behind programmatic monetization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to solution sell and address both business and technical audiences.
- Strong collaborator with the ability to work across various functions to achieve objectives.
- Agile and comfortable working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.